Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
$198 at Walmart, with 4 left.
Be careful recommending that Wal-Mart link. It's not sold and shipped by them. If the Aisin kit doesn't look like this when you receive it, return it.

I'm about to give up on this counterfeit parts war. I can't save everyone.

Reactions: Krayziefoo

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
at least you know you'll be getting fresh parts in that kit at least fresher than kits sitting around in some warehouse for years though I'm pretty sure the date on my kit was very recent
If auto parts were on the Evergreen ship back in March they could have had heat stroke too....LOL

Attachments

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
All right. I guess that settles it. I just never heard of anyone that actually broke a belt. Thanks again!
Try the search function and you will find plenty.

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
If auto parts were on the Evergreen ship back in March they could have had heat stroke too....LOL
I'm having doubts Aisin kits are being held up in the middle east but I guess this incident did have a snowball effect. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2005 Honda pilot EX-L (Big Ronda)
159 Posts
Question: If your mileage is well below the 105k change interval and that mileage interval is essentially for the components but belts usually still looks excellent at that point, why not wait a couple more years?

This may be more frequent a situation these days as people have been driving much less during the pandemic.

Also, it would give more time for those ships to unload their Aisin TKH002 kits and get them to Rockauto. :)
Also the ship with AT-205.

RA is starting to look like supermarket shelves in the USSR.

At that point its whatever your comfortable with personally. If the belt looks good you'd probably be okay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I just placed an order for a kit thru Walmart (much to my surprise). So we’ll see what I get. 3 left when I ordered, so hopefully that’s an accurate inventory. Anyway, thanks again for all the assistance!

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
285 Posts
so hopefully that’s an accurate inventory.
walmart's inventory is never accurate :rolleyes:
went to the store to buy a coffee grinder that should have been in stock, shelf empty... ordered online on my lunch break from walmart.com and it was on my front porch when I got home from work? it's almost like they don't want us shopping in person anymore

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,229 Posts
I just placed an order for a kit thru Walmart (much to my surprise). So we’ll see what I get. 3 left when I ordered, so hopefully that’s an accurate inventory. Anyway, thanks again for all the assistance!
You and someone else, perhaps a lurker.

Only 2 left!

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
And of course Walmart.ca doesn't carry it, even though their site is now overrun with squirrelly 3rd party sellers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And of course Walmart.ca doesn't carry it, envy though their site is now overrun with squirrelly 3rd party sellers.
I remember that happened with Sears too. ahh Simpson Sears and the era of department stores.
That said, a few years ago my wife was able to get a part for our Kenmore dishwasher from Sears.com which shipped up from the states which saved the day. I think think she called in and got the CS guy to make it happen.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Well, ring the bell in the Piloteers town square!
I just received the following email from Rockauto...

RockAuto.com ALL THE PARTS YOUR CAR WILL EVER NEED
Your RockAuto Parts Are Now Available

Dear plplplpl,

You asked to be notified when the following parts are in stock.They now are available, but inventory is limited and may sell quickly! Please click on the brand/part number below to go straight to the RockAuto catalog. Thank you for making RockAuto your part store!

Engine : Timing Belt, Water Pump & Component Kit
AISIN Part # TKH002

RockAuto, LLC
Madison, WI

US$173.79
CAD$216.84

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em, boys!

21 - 40 of 83 Posts