Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guyies I'm new here. I need some help. I have a 2008 honda pilot exl. It has all the works. I'm installing a android screen, but I'm trying to keep the dvd/ navi in the car. Does anyone know the schem for the dvd/navi. I don't know which is the video wire, audio wire, exc. So far I know that the wires that run from the dvd/ navi run to the main front screen.
Colors are
Gray
Brown
Yellow
Blue.
Can someone help me put what wire is what. Appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts
This thread and this post from resident audio guru should help...

New here 2006 Pilot EX RES

Ok, if your 2005 has navigation, it means you essentially got two units - navigation is at the top of the stack, and audio unit a bit below, and it looks something like this:
View attachment 147143

In general, I recommend a read through this:

What you most likely need is a Scosche HA1703B trim kit. Two of those, actually.

It comes with two sets of brackets - for the upper location, and for the lower. Top location is where you install your Kenwood. Bottom location, you can fill with storage pockets from both trim kits.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck getting the wiring figured out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You can get the 2006-8 service manual from link in this post.

You are looking at section 22, pages 314+ It has all the connectors and such.
Generally, you look at diagram on 22-318, can see that audio unit is the centerpiece that ties everything else together.

If you are installing an 'Android screen', it should provide far more superior navigation via phone integration. If you want to try to keep DVD/RES functionality, your best beta is to keep the audio unit in, still connected to everything and powered, but cut off from speakers. The new head at top of dash replacing the Nav unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.