Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon I will getting a new 4x4. What would you do with a 2008 pilot 200,000 miles?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
What condition is it in? What's KBB say it's worth? You may be able to get more than a couple thousand out of it, which to me is enough to justify selling it... a young family that doesn't have a lot of income could use a good 3 row at a good price. If it's worth almost nothing like my Sonata is, I just DD the Sonata and take it to Baltimore for parking and drive the Traverse on the weekends and evenings when I have to take the family somewhere... the Pilot is my wife's full-time vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It runs great. Had the inspection last week had to put 4 new tires and brakes all around. I put new battery- wiper blades and air filter. I wouldn’t sell it. It has 4 inches of beach sand and there been 100s of stripers on the mat. It smells of fish.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
Soon I will getting a new 4x4. What would you do with a 2008 pilot 200,000 miles?

Go look at the rear wheel arches underneath the car and the front of the subframe mounts at the chassis. You are looking for rust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not buying I will be getting rid of my 08 pilot. Even tho it’s been the best car truck I have owned im buying a Toyota 4 runner. Someone said sell the parts off the pilot. What do you do when it’s in your driveway with no tires n just a chassis?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Other options:
Donate it to Charity, take the tax write off.

Donate it to a high school auto shop program, take a tax write off.

Sell it as a Beater Car (Craigslist it for $5, selling price of $750).
Give it to your Toyota mechanic, best goodwill gesture EVER, you will have a mechanic for life.
Sell it to a junkyard, like a U-Pick-It. you will likely get $300 for it and a quick deal.

You won't get anything on trade for it at the Toyota dealership, so don't bother with that.

Facebook ads are worthless, and at free they are overpriced, so don't waste your time selling it there.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I'm at the same cross road with one of my 06's past 200k and the boss wants it modified to handle semi off road / bug out vehicle .. front bumper becoming all metal with recovery winch etc...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car has new tires. Runs great. I said if I was to sell parts off the car what to do with it when it’s all striped sitting in my driveway?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ahh, I see... No, sell it whole, unless you want to keep it. The challenge with a car you don't need is the added cost of insurance and storage space. If you have room and don't mind the extra $50 per month in insurance, I'd keep it. Less miles on the 4 runner and it's awesome to have a beater for when you need it. If you are not in a hurry. Clean it and list it for $4K-$5K and wait some time. If it's in good condition it will sell eventually. Some of these have 350K and 400K miles.

Best of luck. Our 2008 has also been very solid and I'm dreading replacing it. One more year :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ahh, I see... No, sell it whole, unless you want to keep it. The challenge with a car you don't need is the added cost of insurance and storage space. If you have room and don't mind the extra $50 per month in insurance, I'd keep it. Less miles on the 4 runner and it's awesome to have a beater for when you need it. If you are not in a hurry. Clean it and list it for $4K-$5K and wait some time. If it's in good condition it will sell eventually. Some of these have 350K and 400K miles.

Best of luck. Our 2008 has also been very solid and I'm dreading replacing it. One more year :)
just keep it ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts