Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
Wait, what? On my 2006, it's a 5-point, not a 6-point, IIRC. And no bilingual admonition sticker about using hand tools only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For my Pilot the 19mm or 3/4 socket fits nice View attachment 148628
Now that looks so much better than mine :) I'm going to tour a couple wreckers tomorrow for a 5point oem wrench. If I don't have any luck I see one for $40 on amazon (just to find out if it's seized), or clip the cable and remove it. $100 for a new mechanism on Rock Auto (and hope it's not another 5 point oem type)... I'd like a nice 6point with a yellow sticker like you have :)

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Wonder it that 6-pointer is a custom mod. C'mon, fess up. On RA, at least, they only have one model of spare tire hoist, or spare tire carrier as they call it, and it's a Dorman 5-point. My OEM was 5-point, and my OEM replacement was also 5-point.

2008 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Spare Tire Carrier | RockAuto

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Wonder it that 6-pointer is a custom mod. C'mon, fess up. On RA, at least, they only have one model of spare tire hoist, or spare tire carrier as they call it, and it's a Dorman 5-point. My OEM was 5-point, and my OEM replacement was also 5-point.
Perhaps Pilots in 2004 made in Canada are slightly different?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Put me down for a wench, too.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts