1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1: Turn on vehicle
2: H Navigation System logo appears on screen
3: Enter code: screen appears

Unable to input the Navi code( I have the 4 digit code at hand )
Touch screen not functioning. Joystick not functioning either
So i googled and only found instructions to "Reset Navi."
Tried the steps but the screen just goes black after about 30 seconds.

Instruction says to Press and hold 3 buttons all at once ( MENU + MAP/GUIDE + CANCEL ), until Diagnostic screen appears.
Tried that, screen never switches, just goes blank after ~30 seconds

Any help will be appreciated

*Stock radio was replaced years ago with a Pioneer unit.
*I have never used the Honda Navi before, so not sure if the radio replacement caused this dis-function

2008 Honda Pilot w/Navi

Attachments

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Just look for answers...
Found this to be interesting because there was aftermarket hardware found.

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
Thank you.

I will have to find a YT video on, how to remove the Navi. screen , so I can check the harness behind.
Not a Navi screen, but my guess is that the process is quite similar.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Question guys...so I want to install the Auxiliary Cable pictured below as I've been reading that I can hook up to the audio input (red/white) in the back of the Navigation System. Is this true? I bought it pretty cheap through Amazon and it's essentially supposed to allow me to play music from my iPod/Cellphone.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I removed the Navi screen and there was one blue connector, didnt look like any alterations was done to it.

Today I totally removed the Navi. Unit ( from under the passenger seat ) , for about 10 minutes, to test if disconnecting the POWER from it would "reset" it.... no success. ( when it was disconnected, the Navi screen did NOT turn-on when I started the vehicle).
I reinstalled the Navi. Unit.. powered the vehicle, and the screen turned-on but still no "touch" function or joystick operation..

*UPDATE: removed the radio completely, NAVI still not functioning .

Center console Vehicle Car Electronics Vehicle audio

With help from AutoZone (credit)
Starting at the top, gently pull the center front covers (A) out to detach the clips (B),
then pull the cover out to detach the remaining clips (C), and remove the covers from both sides.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question guys...so I want to install the Auxiliary Cable pictured below as I've been reading that I can hook up to the audio input (red/white) in the back of the Navigation System. Is this true? I bought it pretty cheap through Amazon and it's essentially supposed to allow me to play music from my iPod/Cellphone. View attachment 135895

I don't "recall" seeing any ports for audio jacks on the back of the Navi screen.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
I'm totally confused. Then I'm guessing there's absolutely nothing I can do to be able to use that auxiliary button on my radio is there? I just want to keep everything stock without really having to do anything major like changing the radio to something totally custom you know? I guess my next step is a cigarette lighter port Bluetooth Add-on (FM Transmitter thingamajig).

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
The best solution IMHO is to do what I did four years ago: Instal the GTA Car Kit (get the pure Bluetooth version). Worth every penny, great sound, lets you keep all functions on stock audio and DVD system (including not losing the sub), allows for the convenience of using steering wheel controls, easy DIY install with their videos, and excellent customer support. My only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. In addition to music and phone, I also get Google Maps and Waze voice directions via car's audio system. Better IMHO than an outdated stock Nav.

Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Pilot 2006-2008 | GTA Car Kits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts