Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
@Queenjess69 first off thx for updating with relevant info. Makes everyone's life easier :)

I see you're looking at a continuity tester - you may want to spend an extra $10 and get a multimeter, which allows you to check voltage and resistance. The continuity tester only confirms there is current flowing - the multimeter will tell you the exact voltage running through it. It'll probably make your life easier if/when you start chasing down the parasitic draw.

Also remember that if your battery has been drained (even once) it may not perform as well, so make sure when you go chasing down the parasitic draw that your battery is fully charged (at the very least > 12 volts).

--Chris N.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks ill try to keep everything update once i have everything! Hopfully just a fuse cuz everything seems fine so far

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
That should do the job just fine.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My car hasn't died since the day i posted but i also changed every single fuse that helped i noticed alot were blown and were rusty :) so hopefully no more dead battery for me

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
My car hasn't died since the day i posted but i also changed every single fuse that helped i noticed alot were blown and were rusty :) so hopefully no more dead battery for me
Could this vehicle have been in a flood?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Could this vehicle have been in a flood?
Why would my car be in a flood😂i live in california . And the car never been in a car accident or anything like i said i think it was just the fuses . The previous owner knew nothing about car and basically never really drove it or changed things on it clearly aha. Shit i had a 1991 Lincoln town car before this one and same thing god i miss that gangster car

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Were the rusty fuses in the engine compartment? Or were the rusty fuses in the cabin? If they were inside the cabin I would look for evidence of water intrusion possibly from clogged sunroof, clogged mud flaps, poor windshield seals, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Where else would you expect someone to get information about your Pilot other than from you?
Bruh i dont got time for u i already told u whats wrong w my car so u can go now XD and i already solved the problem by changing the fuses

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Were the rusty fuses in the engine compartment? Or were the rusty fuses in the cabin? If they were inside the cabin I would look for evidence of water intrusion possibly from clogged sunroof, clogged mud flaps, poor windshield seals, etc.
It was under the hood i think there was about 3

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Bruh i dont got time for u i already told u whats wrong w my car so u can go now XD and i already solved the problem by changing the fuses
Awful lot of attitude for a new member who came here looking for help.
Don't you want to find out what made the fuses get rusty?
If you don't fix that issue, you'll have the same problem all over again.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
15,886 Posts
If the OP seeks further help, contact me and I'll reopen this thread.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.