Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue trying to get into the diagnostic screen on the navigation system. I’ve tried holding down the three recommended buttons and nothing happens just stays on the Pin code screen can’t even input one cause it does nothing and then eventually gos black. I’ve tried popping out the DVD and all that and nothing. No lose wires or blown fuses kinda at a loss here and would welcome any suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tired this morning same issue. I’m wondering what would make the buttons unresponsive must be within the system it self? Idk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
How did it all start?
Are you able to open the system up and use an ohmmeter to test the buttons from the PCB side to see if pressing them actually closes their contacts?

·
Super Moderator
15,218 Posts
The tough part is that these "entertainment " systems seem to break long before anything else does. I'd be tempted just to remove and replace it with a new after market unit with bells and whistles like CarPlay...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I just read a blog post by a fellow who rigged a Raspberry Pi with a 800x600 7" screen in his Suzuki Jimny and am tempted to try that. Lots of 3D printing required though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The buttons are unresponsive but the back button on the steering wheel brings the screen back up, I’m thinking of just replacing it with and after market unit, but where there was one problem I found another. Thank you everyone for your responses. Now on to finding the mounting brackets I’ll need.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put in a new head unit, look at my post here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts