Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn’t find definitive information. My 2008 EX-L has auto lock and I’d like to shut it off. It’s default is to lock when shifting out of park, but then it never unlocks. I used some generic instructions and got it to where it would unlock when turning off the ignition, but then it defaulted same day back to never auto-unlocking. My searching tells me my year/trim shouldn’t even have autolock.. is that true? In which case maybe the add-on remote start system is controlling it. Just trying to figure out how to disable the whole damn thing(autolock)

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
If the 2008 is the same as the 2006, and it most likely is in this respect, it doesn't have autolock. I'd look at your add-on remote start system as the culprit.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
311 Posts
I searched but couldn’t find definitive information. My 2008 EX-L has auto lock and I’d like to shut it off. It’s default is to lock when shifting out of park, but then it never unlocks. I used some generic instructions and got it to where it would unlock when turning off the ignition, but then it defaulted same day back to never auto-unlocking. My searching tells me my year/trim shouldn’t even have autolock.. is that true? In which case maybe the add-on remote start system is controlling it. Just trying to figure out how to disable the whole damn thing(autolock)
The remote start system could be the source if it's part of an after-market alarm unit. Best advise is to peek your head under the dash and try to find the brain/control unit to identify the make/manufacter/model if your keyfob isn't helpful.

Also, thanks for the reminder, the wife wants me to turn that feature on our KARR alarm.

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Directions for the remote are in the glove box. “auto locks are a programmable feature of this system” the directions seem like gibberish though.. gotta really sit and look at them at some point.

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Locked myself out this morning, wound up climbing through the sunroof.. buckled down and figured out those directions, AutoLocks are no more.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Locked myself out this morning, wound up climbing through the sunroof.. buckled down and figured out those directions, AutoLocks are no more.
PIcs or it didn't happen. :D Surveillance camera video will do fine, too.

·
Registered
08 EX-L, 07 LX
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were witnesses.. unsure if anybody rolled video. So the full story is I drove the wife’s Pilot to work, sunroof open heated seat on, was that kinda morning. Parked and decided to leave the sunroof open for fresh air.. got out and realized there was a bit of a chemical smell in the air, walked around to the passenger side to get my cooler and decided to shut the sunroof to keep out the smell. Put the key in from the passenger side and turned the accessory on. Realized “oh yeah the sunroof control isn’t centrally located like every other car I’ve ever had let me go back to the driver’s side” shut the door heard the lock and said “Damn that sucks”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts