Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Had timing belt replaced. Pilot has 170k I don't know if it had ever been changed before or not. anyway after 2000 miles belt broke and bent valves. Had all valves replaced and replaced one cam, fired it up and it ran well but the check eng light and the vsa light and a triangle light were on. Scan said it was the crank sensor so we went back in and replace it. Fired it up and it ran great no lights on at all. 60 miles later all the lights are back on and it's in limp mode again. I have not had a chance to get it rescaned yet. any idea? Thanks

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Not enough detail.
What brand CPS sensor did they use? What was wrong with the old one? Did they damage it during the TB job or did they spill antifreeze on it and never washed it off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not enough detail.
What brand CPS sensor did they use? What was wrong with the old one? Did they damage it during the TB job or did they spill antifreeze on it and never washed it off?
I know the new was a Dorman and I can't say about the rest. I know he said everything looked fine. no damage.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
You are getting hosed. They did something very wrong that the replacement belt broke and then the same fate followed the CPS.
First of all, you should have used the Aisin or Gates kit for the TB. From "Dorman" for the CPS it sounds like the shop used some cheap TB and probably never replaced the tensioner. The OEM brand for Honda CPS is Denso but I would never even bother trying my luck with an aftermarket CPS. Buy a Honda CPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The belt company covered all cost for the big fix. Everything showed the the work was done right. I will get it scand again today and see what it says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts