Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 2007 honda pilot it does have high miles under 200k though. Recently I had gutted the cats out of due to cat failure code. So after I did this put it all back together went to drive and as i was driving I felt a complete loss of power and when I slowed down vehicle would shut off if I left it in drive. Have no power upon trying to take off, it also has the vsa light and the vsa with exclamation in it on. Would not go passed like 2500rpm would begin to jerk until I let off and let it shift, but wouldn't go about 40mph. Tried resetting the ecu and nothing but now after doing that it is now blowing smoke and smelling like oil. Been trying to figure out if this is rings or maybe valve seals or maybe a stuck vcm and leaving it in 3 cylinder mode. I am all new to these new hondas. Other side note the rear plugs all were wet but the center plug has the most oil on it. Really trying to narrow down this is my everyday vehicle and cant afford it to be down.

Thank you for all advice and info ahead of time

·
Administrator
15,511 Posts
Duplicate thread deleted.

The Pilot knows you deleted the cat. You will have to put them back to get out of limp home mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts