·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall

I'm 36 from hamilton Canada and am sorta new to the honda family

Got a real good deal on an 07 pilot lx at auction for 1050.00$

Had an accident in 2009 cost of damages or repairs was 800$ . Anyhow

Body is decent shape with a bit of rust on the rear quarter panels. Inside needs a nice cleaning but that's nothing for me to do.

We bought It for the price and for the 8 seats as we have a family of 6.

It's going to be our main vehicle when it's all ready to go , hoping we get to that.

So problems as far as I know it needs , front and rear brakes , front exhaust flex pipe , windshield wipers not working ... not sure it it's a fuse or the motor. A few lights inside are burnt out or fuses need replacing.

Engine light , vsa , tire pressure light all on

Scanned and got a P2647 code.

Says the oil could be dirty or need changing . Top up the oil or replace the oil pressure sensor. Rocker oil pressure sensor.

Any idea what I should start with first

I've got the money to do everything to it but I wanna figure out if it's a timing belt , engine problem , transmission problem before I start getting it all fixed up.

Otherwise I'll sell at public auction

270,000 km

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
As always with these Honda V6 engines, our number 1 priority is knowing where your at with your timing belt waterpump service. This would definitely be on my to do list if you keep the vehicle and you don't have a host of other repairs to do (brakes, rotors, suspension, CV axles, transmission, etc.)
Your Engine code is a serious one but fixable. Apart from having clean oil and filter and replacing the oil preasure sensor, your Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solinoids and spool filter likely need attention. This is part of your oil filter housing on the passenger side and another set of these on the drivers side by the head. Here is are links to the parts you need. All wheel drive and 2 wheel drive have different part numbers. YouTube has some good videos on this.

2007 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Spool Valve Filter | RockAuto

2007 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid Gasket | RockAuto

2007 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid / Actuator | RockAuto
These links are right together on the website.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great
Thanks for the very detailed message I appreciate that so much . Gives me a little more thought on it now . How would I go about the water pump and timing belt . Anyway I can see a service report or call Honda possibly ? Maybe I can purchase a car proof to see

·
Registered
334 Posts
IMO start with simple things like the oil+filter change and make sure the brakes are in working order for safety. Then get the P2647 code addressed as the rest will fall into place.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ok great
Thanks for the very detailed message I appreciate that so much . Gives me a little more thought on it now . How would I go about the water pump and timing belt . Anyway I can see a service report or call Honda possibly ? Maybe I can purchase a car proof to see
If your getting your oil changed, you may look at the transmission fluid is clean, Bright red. If it's dark, I'd change the fluid. I use Valvoline MaxLife ATF.
Yes, it be great to find service records. If the previous owner did his own work, there won't be a record. In that case you would have no choice but to eventually change your timing belt and water pump. If you DIY, you can save a ton on the job.

I recommend the Aisin kit. With your milage, you may want to replace the cam seals and main seal when it's apart.

Obviously a lot of maintenance will need to be done. Check your serpentine belt for cracks. Check your serpentine belt tensioner bearing. Make sure your valve covers are not leaking oil. Flush radiator when water pump is replaced. Replace power steering fluid. Hopefully your steering rack is fine. Check your ball joints and bushings, possibly the struts.
Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm in maintenance overload LOL.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm in maintenance overload LOL.
Not at all. You forgot to mention VTM-4 fluid if it's a 4WD as well as front transfer case oil. Then there are air filters, both engine and cabin. When you get your bakes done, may as well replace/bleed the brake fluid (clockwise from the front driver's corner). And windshield wipers and fluid when you get them going again. Check all your outside bulbs, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazing
Sounds like tons to be done but for the price I paid should be worth it.

My wipers aren't working. Possibly the motor or a fuse ? Tried checking the fuse in the car and nothing.

Cant find the fuse under the hood for them though

Any idea ?

Thanks for all the great advice

·
Registered
733 Posts
Amazing
Sounds like tons to be done but for the price I paid should be worth it.

My wipers aren't working. Possibly the motor or a fuse ? Tried checking the fuse in the car and nothing.

Cant find the fuse under the hood for them though

Any idea ?

Thanks for all the great advice
Front windshield wipers is a 30amp fuse #12 position in the interior fuse box, drivers side.

If fuse is good, Can you hear the motor running when in the ON position?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's good I checked it . Only the rear wipers working and the front the fluid sprays out only

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Before you put effort and money into swapping out your front wiper array, try what worked for my rear wiper when it wouldn't work. Spray GENEROUS amounts of silicone spray lubricant and help it move along a little at a time over the course of a few days. Worked for me and still working fine two years later. Here's a thread that should help. If it come to that, farther in the that thread is a helpful video by recent member @MyHondaFix on how to remove the wiper assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey a fellow Hamiltonian, I just bought a 2005 Pilot for cheap ( it was $1000 and has 360,000km) passed safety no lights. I gotta do the timing belt for mine as well. Signed up and saw your post. Hope you get your pilot sorted out. This is my second Honda (I have a 2017 CRV but needed a second SUV with more room which will be used occasionally)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey y'all
Got the oil changed out today. Brought it to the trans shop and they said it's pulling the cord p2647 which is to do with the engine.

So changed oil and mechanic cleared codes and told me to drive it a bit to see if any lights come back on then we'd go from there.

I'm gonna get it safetied and read worth and then add a warranty I can purchase for 3 months which covers the timing belt , engine , transmission , gaskets and seals etc.

So this way if anything big happens I have it covered.

Anyhow the p2647 my mechanic was saying it could be as easy as a solenoid or something .

·
Registered
248 Posts
check y
Hey y'all
Got the oil changed out today. Brought it to the trans shop and they said it's pulling the cord p2647 which is to do with the engine.

So changed oil and mechanic cleared codes and told me to drive it a bit to see if any lights come back on then we'd go from there.

I'm gonna get it safetied and read worth and then add a warranty I can purchase for 3 months which covers the timing belt , engine , transmission , gaskets and seals etc.

Anyhow the p2647 my mechanic was saying it could be as easy as a solenoid or something .
check your warranty, I doubt it covers failures when recommended service intervals is not followed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey y'all

not likely the solenoid has failed, ask your mechanic to pull the oil pan and look inside, you don't really know how long its been sitting and don't know what oil the previous owner has been using and do a possible mild motor flus, only if theres some sludge also change the pcv valve, check the throttle body plate for build up.

·
Registered
733 Posts
not likely the solenoid has failed, ask your mechanic to pull the oil pan and look inside, you don't really know how long its been sitting and don't know what oil the previous owner has been using and do a possible mild motor flus, only if theres some sludge also change the pcv valve, check the throttle body plate for build up.
Spool valve gasket filter is likely clogged X 2.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I was thinking the same
See if the filter is clogged and swap it out.

I have a 3 month lubrico warranty
That covers pretty much anything so I bought it and will have all problems fixed :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the front and rear pads and rotors today , 2 front control arms and a front flex pipe with gaskets. That's all is what's needed for safety

Front Pads -25$
Rear Pads - 15$
Front Rotors - 21$ each
Rear Rotors -23$ each
Front Flex Pipe - 123$
Gaskets 2$ each x 3
Front Control Arms - 85 each

450$ for parts Canadian

1 - 20 of 59 Posts