Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot that recently while driving the door will lock and unlock, or constantly try to lock while driving. When I park the car I cant take the key out or the alarm will sound. I had to unplug the battery to be able to take the key out. I was able to park it one time and then found out the alarm was going constantly in the parking lot after walking away from it.

Has anyone had this issue and knows what it may be? Very frustrated.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,258 Posts
Just a couple of simple things to try, in order of easiness:

• Try a different key fob, making sure the first one is well out of range.
  • Open and close all your doors a few times, including your tailgate and hood, to make sure they latch snugly.
  • Lubricate all your latches, including tailgate and hood, with contact cleaner spray.
  • Check all your wiring into doors for fraying or loose connections.
  • Check your battery and ground cables and connections for looseness, corrosion and/or fraying. Replace if necessary.
  • Disconnect your hood latch sensor, a common source of this type of problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a couple of simple things to try, in order of easiness:

• Try a different key fob, making sure the first one is well out of range.
  • Open and close all your doors a few times, including your tailgate and hood, to make sure they latch snugly.
  • Lubricate all your latches, including tailgate and hood, with contact cleaner spray.
  • Check all your wiring into doors for fraying or loose connections.
  • Check your battery and ground cables and connections for looseness, corrosion and/or fraying. Replace if necessary.
  • Disconnect your hood latch sensor, a common source of this type of problem.
Thanks, I disconnected the hood latch and that didn't do anything, but I found out when my wife takes the car the the wash, the air blows water into the passenger side under the dash. I found corrosion in the fuses. I think this is where my problem is coming from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the fuse box out and cleaned everything, thought it was good and went in the house and the dang thing went off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's another strange thing, went out to my other Pilot at lunch and now I can t turn off my rear whipper blade and fluid motor if I open the passenger door the rear washer motor stops, close the door it runs. I'm thinking that car may have a ground issue.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,258 Posts
Any chance you might have some rats? They apparently get a mild buzz chewing on electrical wires. Can't speak to their political affiliations, though. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts