Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 pilot that I recently bought and noticed, mainly because I didn’t get to test that out on a real long drive, that the mileage on the cruise control is really bad. I haven’t had it too long but I put 93 octane in it to get the best gas mileage. On that same grade of gasoline I got around 11 mpg. I’ve since filled it again and only driven with my foot and have gotten what I would have expected in mileage. Is there something I can do to look at why the mileage is so bad for cruise control?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
Cruise control will often give you worse MPG than without it, especially if there are any hills or even if there's other traffic you have to slow down for, then speed up, using only your CC.

That said, stick to top tier, but regular 87 octane gasoline (unless towing).

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I’ve since filled it again and only driven with my foot and have gotten what I would have expected in mileage. Is there something I can do to look at why the mileage is so bad for cruise control?
What "expected" mpg did you achieve without cruise? There is likely some preventative maintenance needed on this 13+ yr old vehicle to get things running better. My '04 Pilot ranges between 15-19 mpg depending upon the commute and traffic conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts