Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone help!!! 2007 pilot crank no start. It has 308,000 miles and I had the plugs and timing belt done at 305. I stopped and filled up with gas while running and it died.. I started it back up and it ran rough but got me up the road to my driveway and died and wont start.. I bought a new evap purge solenoid and no help. Fuel pump is running I can hear it. I check for spark on 2 of the front coil pack and good spark. I sprayed starting fluid into intake tube and no start still. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you verified the timing belt didn't break? Many knock-offs are being sold on Amazon and eBay.
Yes I checked the timing belt and its on still. I bought OEM Honda parts for the timing belt and water pump change. I can smell fuel under the hood when I try to start it. Im thinking its flooding somehow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It ran fine after the timing belt replacement. I used OEM Honda parts. It was a hard start after fueling. I read the purge valve can get stuck opened and cause this is why I replaced it. I can smell fuel in the in the engine bay after trying to start it. I really dont thing it jumped time. The only code it has is the evap canister value code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the timing belt is on and the marks line up then the belt isn't you issue. You mentioned flooding, check the fuel pressure regulator. You will need a fuel pressure gauge which the in fuel line adapter since a fuel rail Schrader valve isn't there.
Ok. Thank you I will check that. I was looking for a Schrader valve and was wondering why I couldn't find one..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not a mechanic by any means. I have a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. It now has 308,000 miles just like yours. About two years ago my car wouldn't start sometimes after stopping, shopping for 5-15 minutes and I'd come back out and the engine just cranked but wouldn't turn over. If I tried it several times or waited 5-15 minutes it would start right up. It turned out to be melted contacts on the PGM-FI main relay. I tried re-soldering the component leads like they show in the video below but never had success with that so for about $40-50 got a new relay board at O'Reiley's and the car started up and ran fine since then.

It's worth a try. Here is a video on the topic. This is on an accord but the relay board looks the same and in the same location up under the steering column. I just replaced the board and re-used the plastic housing.

Good luck in fixing your car.
I appreciate it. But I do have power to the fuel pump I can hear it run also smell fuel under the hood after trying to start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts