Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone help!!! 2007 pilot crank no start. It has 308,000 miles and I had the plugs and timing belt done at 305. I stopped and filled up with gas while running and it died.. I started it back up and it ran rough but got me up the road to my driveway and died and wont start.. I bought a new evap purge solenoid and no help. Fuel pump is running I can hear it. I check for spark on 2 of the front coil pack and good spark. I sprayed starting fluid into intake tube and no start still. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Please someone help!!! 2007 pilot crank no start. It has 308,000 miles and I had the plugs and timing belt done at 305. I stopped and filled up with gas while running and it died.. I started it back up and it ran rough but got me up the road to my driveway and died and wont start.. I bought a new evap purge solenoid and no help. Fuel pump is running I can hear it. I check for spark on 2 of the front coil pack and good spark. I sprayed starting fluid into intake tube and no start still. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
First thing to do is see what DTCs are showing (your check engine light is on?). Next, check the timing mark, turn the crank to top dead center, plug the two plugs on the cam covers and see where the cam timing marks are, if you don't see the cam timing marks rotate the engine 360 should see the marks on the cam as well as the crankshaft. If all the marks line up, then the engine is timed, if not, then the belt jumped, most likely the rear cam (bank 1 or cylinder 1 cam). Next see if there's crank sensor signal, and if there's a DTC like a P0339. Did it have a difficult time starting after it quit? Was it running fine during the 3k since the timing belt, any codes during that time? Why the new purge solenoid?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you verified the timing belt didn't break? Many knock-offs are being sold on Amazon and eBay.
Yes I checked the timing belt and its on still. I bought OEM Honda parts for the timing belt and water pump change. I can smell fuel under the hood when I try to start it. Im thinking its flooding somehow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It ran fine after the timing belt replacement. I used OEM Honda parts. It was a hard start after fueling. I read the purge valve can get stuck opened and cause this is why I replaced it. I can smell fuel in the in the engine bay after trying to start it. I really dont thing it jumped time. The only code it has is the evap canister value code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It did die while fueling also. I left it running because my wife was inside and it was 95 that day. When I restarted it ran ruff then died in the driveway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If the timing belt is on and the marks line up then the belt isn't you issue. You mentioned flooding, check the fuel pressure regulator. You will need a fuel pressure gauge which the in fuel line adapter since a fuel rail Schrader valve isn't there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the timing belt is on and the marks line up then the belt isn't you issue. You mentioned flooding, check the fuel pressure regulator. You will need a fuel pressure gauge which the in fuel line adapter since a fuel rail Schrader valve isn't there.
Ok. Thank you I will check that. I was looking for a Schrader valve and was wondering why I couldn't find one..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not a mechanic by any means. I have a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. It now has 308,000 miles just like yours. About two years ago my car wouldn't start sometimes after stopping, shopping for 5-15 minutes and I'd come back out and the engine just cranked but wouldn't turn over. If I tried it several times or waited 5-15 minutes it would start right up. It turned out to be melted contacts on the PGM-FI main relay. I tried re-soldering the component leads like they show in the video below but never had success with that so for about $40-50 got a new relay board at O'Reiley's and the car started up and ran fine since then.

It's worth a try. Here is a video on the topic. This is on an accord but the relay board looks the same and in the same location up under the steering column. I just replaced the board and re-used the plastic housing.

Good luck in fixing your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not a mechanic by any means. I have a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. It now has 308,000 miles just like yours. About two years ago my car wouldn't start sometimes after stopping, shopping for 5-15 minutes and I'd come back out and the engine just cranked but wouldn't turn over. If I tried it several times or waited 5-15 minutes it would start right up. It turned out to be melted contacts on the PGM-FI main relay. I tried re-soldering the component leads like they show in the video below but never had success with that so for about $40-50 got a new relay board at O'Reiley's and the car started up and ran fine since then.

It's worth a try. Here is a video on the topic. This is on an accord but the relay board looks the same and in the same location up under the steering column. I just replaced the board and re-used the plastic housing.

Good luck in fixing your car.
I appreciate it. But I do have power to the fuel pump I can hear it run also smell fuel under the hood after trying to start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts