Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went and purchased a cheap UV light and a couple cans of refrigerant. With the UV light I could see no traces of dye anywhere around the hoses under the hood. I think I saw a slight trace of dye under the cap where you fill the A/C system. I put two cans of refrigerant in there and still saw no traces of dye. The A/C blew cool air for about 3 days before it went back to warm air. I hate to just buy a discharge hose and change it if that is not the real problem but it would still be cheaper than paying someone else to do it. Just don't know how much a shop would charge me to pull a vacuum and fill the system properly (and hope the leak is fixed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you! Just drained about 1.5 cups of water from the nipple.

Speaking of cheap and easy things to eliminate first, gently stick a long screwdriver up your dangling AC drainage hose in front near the passenger side wheel, and then do the same with the AC drain nipple below the center console. Really, the five minutes it takes and no cost procedure will at least eliminate that possibility, if nothing else.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts