Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the single din factory radio in a 2007 LX with storage underneath. Wondering is I can replace this with a double din unit? There is a good deal at Best Buy on a Sony unit. I would imagine if you remove the storage compartment you could fit a double din unit, but I can't find any tutorials on this. Any chance the installers at Best Buy know how to pull this off?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have the single din factory radio in a 2007 LX with storage underneath. Wondering is I can replace this with a double din unit? There is a good deal at Best Buy on a Sony unit. I would imagine if you remove the storage compartment you could fit a double din unit, but I can't find any tutorials on this. Any chance the installers at Best Buy know how to pull this off?
View attachment 134835
Yes, a double Deutsches Institut für Normung should fit, and I'm sure even the installer dudes at BB can make it work.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot LX
2,191 Posts
You can also check at Crutchfield for the vehicle fitment charts.

Make sure whoever installs the stereo uses a wire harness adapter so the Honda factory wiring remains intact.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you go with Crutchfield they will supply the DIY install instructions, trim plates and should have available the harness adapters. Post up what you decide as it should be a good radio upgrade thread to follow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts