Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pilot was running fine and after last night's storm it will not start. It has a brand new battery and alternator. It makes no noise at all when trying to start it, but all the engine alert lights come on which I have never seen before (VTM4) etc. Could it be a cracked distributor cap that water got in? Thank for suggestions.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts
Could it be a cracked distributor cap that water got in?
Not a thing anymore.

If you're sure all your cables and connections are in tip-top shape (could have been loosened or damaged when installing your new battery and alternator), look at the starter.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My pilot was running fine and after last night's storm it will not start. It has a brand new battery and alternator. It makes no noise at all when trying to start it, but all the engine alert lights come on which I have never seen before (VTM4) etc. Could it be a cracked distributor cap that water got in? Thank for suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try to check if you have a loose or corroded connection cable as it is one of the reasons why a car won't start.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
If you have a voltmeter measure battery voltage to help rule out the root cause. Good battery will measure ~12.6V.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Check/Charge battery.
Clean battery terminal/connections.
Inspect ground cable, battery to frame and engine to frame. Clean contact points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts