Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow piloteers
I Hope this finds you inthe best of your health and spirits.
So this has been going on intermittently for a while specially when im on the highway an rev up the engine, speeding to pass etc.
It has 144,000 miles and always taken good care of it but its starting to get annoying now.
I went to autzone and they gave me these codes-->
P0300 RANDOM MISFIRE
P0301 P0303 P0304 P0305 P0306 ( MISIRE CYLINDER #1/ #3/ #4/ #5/ #6)
P0137(HO2SS3 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE LOW)

I replaced all spark plugs in at 120,000 miles and this still happens.

the vehicle drives fine just does give me an GREEN ECO light when this CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on.

Any ideas please? is the main culprit o2 sensor?

all help/ advice/ pointers are monumentally appreciated.

Thank you !
sincerely
KK

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Yes, definitely make sure you got a clean Air Filter and no leaks in the air intake tube..
The P0137 code is for a Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 sensor. The wire is shorted to ground or needs replacing. I usually just replace. This is the o2 sensor after the catalytic converter, firewall side. Use only Denso.
If you need it quick you will take a beating on price. I buy on RockAuto or Amazon for a big savings.
If you got holes in the intake wait on the sensor and see if it fixed all the codes. Replacing the sensor may not necessarily fix your issue. It just rules it out. If it's never been replaced I replace.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
If the sensor is out, replacing it will certainly help. But I'm worried there is more because of the VCM. Eco green light is not your friend. Kill the VCM, clean EGR valve and passages. Do some long highway speed trips.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Misfires on that many cylinders means you probably have a bad coil. Unplug the coils one at a time with the engine running and find the one that doesn’t change the engine tone when disconnected. That one isn’t firing. Replace it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !
Im getting all this done this saturday with my mechanic.
i know its an old 2007 honda pilot with a lot of miles but i still love my baby !
its a basic model but hey guess what its never let me down and i wont let it down by ignoring it.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !YOU GUYS ROCK

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
is there a denso o2 sensor model# i should look for? the best one?
If your going to a mechanic, I'd let him run his tests.
But things you can do is Visually, see if you have holes in your intake tube and the clamps are on tight. Do you know if your air filter has ever been changed. This may be all you need before replacing the O2 Sensor. Hopefully there is no injector issues. Since I DIY, and I know my Air Filter is clean and I have an air tight intake tube, I'd replace the O2 Sensor to rule it out. If you need it, this is the part...

If you know the air filter has never been replaced, most auto parts stores will change it for you for the price of the filter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
These codes could all be a cascade from one problem. I would clear out the codes start the car and if no codes come up right away then drive around the block and see what code comes up before the cascade starts.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,035 Posts
Just wondering. Is it a FWD or AWD pilot?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i changed the air filter 2 years ago at 1.2x,000 miles
and i did replace the air rubber pipe thingy ( in the picture above) along with the NGK spark plugs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if i drive it for a while it goes away but comes back if im speeding/revving up on the highway or hitting the gas pedal like crazy to pass someone

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
if i drive it for a while it goes away but comes back if im speeding/revving up on the highway or hitting the gas pedal like crazy to pass someone
2 years is a long time. Might open the air filter box and see what it looks like.
Otherwise a trip to the mechanic if you don't DIY.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i can open up but i know air quality is good in my city and im working from home, i dont drive much so filter should be good. but i will check yes....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
also i did add AT-205 in engine oil in may-june for a rear main seal leak...thats is not going to cause this is it?

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
also i did add AT-205 in engine oil in may-june for a rear main seal leak...thats is not going to cause this is it?
I'm going to vouch for it. No, at least if you followed the instructions on the bottle. :)

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Well I think I know where your problem is. You likely need to replace the Vtec assembly gasket with filter screen. Then change the oil and filter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts