Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my honda pilot with over 250k miles quit while driving down the rd, got it to start back up and now it seems to be stuck in 2nd? maybe and the check engine light along with vtm4 came on. Obd reader gave me codes p1235 and p2127? replaced the throttle pedal position sensor still having trouble ???? I can't just keep guessing how to fix this thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so we have replaced the accelerator pedal position sensor and also the speed output sensor something keeps cutting the end of the speed output sensor ??

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Ok so we have replaced the accelerator pedal position sensor and also the speed output sensor something keeps cutting the end of the speed output sensor ??
I'd follow what these links say. Look for a broken wire. Loose wire in a connector. Clean connections. Sometimes just unclipping the conections and reconnecting works. Clean with CRC Electronic Cleaner. Replace sensors. Hope it's not the PCM.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
That's lots of miles for sure.
I'm/we're assuming the fluid change intervals are fairly up to date also?

What year and model? I see you are in the Gen 1 board.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Thank you.
I see you found an older post with the same problem also. I also have a Gen 1 and a Gen 2, but have never experienced this.
Hopefully, someone will chime in with some real help. There are some smart puppies around here....

Piloteers? A little help here....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts