Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my fellow Piloteers here's a picture of my 2007 Pilot EX-L which I bought from the original owner this past Sunday. The previous owner took really good care of the car. He had just gotten four brand new Michelin tires on it. More pics coming up of the interior. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow.. looks very nice
well taken care of body
Thanks. The previous owner told me he was washing and waxing it every 2-3 weeks on average. I can tell by the condition the paint is in. I mean it has its chips and other stuff on it but nothing major really.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,316 Posts
I always look at the tires in at prospective used car. If they are Michelin, its been well looked after. You got lucky!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Ooohhh !
Aaahhh !

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Learned that in my MBA Marketing 101 class
Yes. That's why I actually pulled the trigger with this one. My father always told me that a good car will ALWAYS have Michelin tires. And well, also because the previous owner sold it for $2,300.00 and the owner had all service records.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I always look at the tires in at prospective used car. If they are Michelin, its been well looked after. You got lucky!
Learned that in my MBA Marketing 101 class
If it has Michelins, that just tells me that they had money to burn, not that they took care of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even more pics of the inside
If it has Michelins, that just tells me that they had money to burn, not that they took care of the vehicle.
Well, that may be but I could see that the guy really took care of the vehicle to keep up to date records of major repairs, oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Even gave me the warranty paperwork for the tires which he transferred to me at Costco. The inside of the car is immaculate like I said before and overall the car is in amazing shape being that is 13 years old. I really think I got lucky with this one.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
¡Muy guapa! I think you got great vehicle and an excellent deal. Congrats! (y)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Even more pics of the inside

Well, that may be but I could see that the guy really took care of the vehicle to keep up to date records of major repairs, oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Even gave me the warranty paperwork for the tires which he transferred to me at Costco. The inside of the car is immaculate like I said before and overall the car is in amazing shape being that is 13 years old. I really think I got lucky with this one.
Yes, by the photos of the vehicle of that age, this was a great find.
If he had presented the vehicle to me in the same manner but with a new set of Sumitomo HTR A/S PO2 s, that would tell me he was shopping for the best value for his money.
True, I'm not a Mich fan. ?

Reactions: pilotalbert87

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, by the photos of the vehicle of that age, this was a great find.
If he had presented the vehicle to me in the same manner but with a new set of Sumitomo HTR A/S PO2 s, that would tell me he was shopping for the best value for his money.
True, I'm not a Mich fan. ?
I had a feeling that was the case ???

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I had a feeling that was the case ???
My experience with Michelins being in extreme heat for most of the year..., my vehicles on the road everyday need a set of tires every 2 years...., they are not worth the money you pay. Right now on Amazon, I can have shipped to my door Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 for $99 a tire. They are highly rated.

Reactions: pilotalbert87

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
My experience with Michelins being in extreme heat for most of the year..., my vehicles on the road everyday need a set of tires every 2 years...., they are not worth the money you pay. Right now on Amazon, I can have shipped to my door Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 for $99 a tire. They are highly rated.
Ooh, if I didn't have my Michelin LTX MS/2s, I might be drooling all over that deal.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Don't worry, the only thing my Michies would get upset about is if some bozo totals my Pilot before they wear out.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts