Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2007 Pilot. What correct AC low pressure gauge reading, and the hi pressure gauge reading?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I have a vague recollection that those numbers are printed somewhere under the hood.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
That said, here's what I found on page 288 of the 2006 owner's manual. Hope it helps, as I'll bet my eye teeth those specs are the same for your 2007.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
760 Posts
Thanks! Thats the info I needed!
To be clear- info is not gauge readings but Vital Info. Gauge readings vary based on temperature and humidity. I’m in the process of learning this AC info cause my clutch stator has failed-so getting new compressor that includes same. Might get new condenser too- but don’t see that it is an absolute necessity at this point.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
To be clear- info is not gauge readings but Vital Info. Gauge readings vary based on temperature and humidity. I’m in the process of learning this AC info cause my clutch stator has failed-so getting new compressor that includes same. Might get new condenser too- but don’t see that it is an absolute necessity at this point.
I’m no a/c tech but unless the compressor imploded the condenser should be fine as your issue is external. Vacuum, recharge and keep 😎 cool

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
760 Posts
I’m no a/c tech but unless the compressor imploded the condenser should be fine as your issue is external. Vacuum, recharge and keep 😎 cool
I’m
Right and corresponds from what I’ve been told by others who are in AC business. The only caveat is to get the warranty from some compressor manufacturers they want to see it replaced along with expansion valve. You have to show the receipts for parts that may not be broken. Not decided if I want to spend that kind of money for a warranty- Most likely will just take my chances. Thanks for reply👍

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
There should be a chart that show acceptable high/low side pressure in the service manual. Here is one for my '04.
View attachment 140495
Ha, I was about to post this (from the service manual) when the OP responded he had what he needed, so I had done all the searching, cutting and saving for nothing. It's good you decided to post it, though, for future reference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I replaced a low pressure hose, vacuumed and recharged my AC, and it works great. The compressor is whining somewhat now. I'm assuming I need to add compressor oil now?
Am I correct?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Curious question: How much oil would you put in and would that slug the compressor? Charged to proper level with refrigerant or did you use the quick one-step a/c fix in a can?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts