Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, recently acquired a high mileage 2007 Honda Pilot with maintenance history.

Planning to do all fluids, VTM-4, front differential, coolant, PS - have already done engine oil and ATF D&F. Then next will be cabin air filter, air filter and and any other small misc items before winter kick in, is there anything else you would advise or any other inputs and suggestions?

Appreciate all the help and guidance (y)

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts
Looks like you got it covered.
As usual, when was the timing belt last done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As per the PO, it was replaced like 50K miles ago, so have a bit of time to do it. Won't be a primary and daily driver, so can plan for it in future.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are good to go then.
Welcome, and enjoy the new ride.
Thank you, would you please point me to front differential fluid replacement directions? Have seen a video for VTM-4, is there any other fluid in the rear too? It's a 4WD.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
You covered your rear with VTM-4 fluid.

The front transfer case looks like this.

I've also attached a helpful page from the Owner's Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Oh and you might want fresh brake fluid if it's been in there more than three years. It's hygroscopic. Bleeding sequence may not be what you think, BTW. I've attached it for you.

Here's my quick homemade fluid checklist. As mentioned, looks like you've got a lot of it covered.

• Rear differential: VTM-4
  • Front transfer case (post 2005): SAE 90 or SAE 80W-90 viscosity hypoid gear oil, API service classified GL4 or GL5
  • Power steering fluid: a trip to the dealer
  • Brake fluid. DOT 3 or DOT 4 (usually)
  • Antifreeze/coolant: blue (or green) concentrate (or pre-mixed)

• Motor oil: Mobil 1 or Shell Rotella
  • Windshield washer fluid: -45°
  • Transmission: full synthetic Maxlife ATF

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@plplplpl thanks for sharing a helpful picture and insights in terms of the fluids, appreciated.

Next will be small maintenance/tune up items like air filter, spark plugs, Cabin filter, as air intake hose has a small crack(duct taped) and looks like a very common issue on many Pilots.

Is there anything else I should add on the list? Thank you :)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
On you 07 Pilot, if your cabin air filter has not already been replaced, be prepared to cut some metal out of your dashboard!
I replaced my 08 cabin air filter (we bought it new), for the first time a few weeks ago.
There is a good Youtube on it. Not too hard really.

Then I did my '15 Pilot at the same time. Night and day difference! on the 15, it's literally like a 2 minute job.
Once the 07 has been done before and that piece of metal is gone, it'll be really fast too.

HTH

Reactions: maverickfhs_81

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@The Todd thank you for the help and input, yes I saw one DIY article on it and going to watch the video. Have replaced it on other sedan type Honda/Acuras and not a difficult job, hopefully it has been replaced. Else it's going to be 'super bad' :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts