Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 high oil consumption and code P2647 VTEC "Rocker Arm Oil Pres Switch"

So half a year ago I started losing oil in my Pilot 132,000 miles. No leaks. Replaced PCV. No change. Changed oil, 800miles later had to add 14 oz, 260 miles later had to add 12 oz. checked it after another 60 miles burned 8oz. Have had a CEL light for a couple of years for cat converter. Had it scanned for first time after oil use went up and it shows misfires on all cylinders, cat, and P2647 Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch( VTEC Oil Pressure Switch) Circuit High Voltage". I have no loss in power and watch the oil level damn near daily. CAN the Rocker Arm switch somehow fail in a way to make the VTEC start guzzling oil? Bout ready dump this thing. I should also add the ECO indicator does not come on at all. Highway or in town. Please help.
BFA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Regarding the Rocker Oil Pressure Switch... And solenoid too since we are on the subject.: where is it. Or are there two sets? I believe one set in on the back top of the engine- transmission end. Is there another? Maybe front left?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check other threads on forum about oil consumption, like this one to start:
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/70-2009-2011-pilot/30603-oil-consumption-solution.html

Otherwise, driving with CEL for couple of years for CAT code (assuming it is the famous P0240 low bank efficiency?) is not good. That means you have been loading your CAT with uncombusted carbons and stuff because you probably skipped out on other maintenance that affects clean combustion (e.g. new spark plugs, valve adjustments, etc.)

Is this your vehicle from new off lot? Do you know full maint. history? I had a used 01 Suby Outback with H6 and threw a ton of dollars and elbow grease into engine up-keep...at high mileage lots of stuff starts wearing out, better to be ahead than get behind. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem. Same code. Not sure about the pistons misfiring tho.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Are you using high mileage oil already? Switch to it if not. And check your plugs for oil leaks. I had oil leaking onto the plugs before I started using high mileage oil. Cleaned the coils with brake cleaner, wiped the plugs clean, and never had any leaks since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts