Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I turn my steering wheel, I get a whining sound from my power steering assembly--could I add some kind of lubricant to the fluid to help the situation

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level? If it is low on PS fluid then you will get a whining noise. If it is low then you also have a leak somewhere that needs addressed. If it is not low you could put in a power steering treatment. I would suggest getting on that does not have a sealant in it. Sealants can sometimes be a temporary fix for a small leak, however they can also restrict or clog other important components.

If you have never had your power steering fluid replaced that is something that needs to be done, just understand that if you have whining now, at some point in the future, probably the near future will need to replace the power steering pump.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
You sure it might not be this? A simple o-ring swap (for the new orange one) could take care of it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
just understand that if you have whining now, at some point in the future, probably the near future will need to replace the power steering pump.
My wife’s has been whining for years I think. I topped up the fluid maybe 6 months ago. It doesn’t appear to be getting any worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts