Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the rear put together fine but now I'm having trouble with the front. I can get the strut with the spacer into position mostly but then I'm finding it impossible to get the two strut bolts in. I have been able to get the bottom bolt in but but then the top hole won't align. Any tips on this?

I got the hks off ebay and the instructions they sent were the ready lift ones. The front spacers weren't marked for which side they go on but it seems the the thinner edge goes towards the engine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I figured it out. I just put a jack underneath the front hub and lifted it till the holes aligned. Worked like a charm.

I'm new to Pilots and have been really digging the vehicle. My hyundai accent took a crap and I got the pilot two weeks ago. Already did the timing belt since the tensioner was ticking on cold start. I like that this forum has a lot more activity than the hyundai forum. Lots of good info here.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I got the hks off ebay and the instructions they sent were the ready lift ones. The front spacers weren't marked for which side they go on but it seems the the thinner edge goes towards the engine
IMO the position of the front strut spacers could be very important unless the spacers were manufactured to be identical. My front strut spacers were not identical and had a unique taper for LEFT+RIGHT plus an arrow pointing forward. Get this wrong and the alignment could be challenging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO the position of the front strut spacers could be very important unless the spacers were manufactured to be identical. My front strut spacers were not identical and had a unique taper for LEFT+RIGHT plus an arrow pointing forward. Get this wrong and the alignment could be challenging.
Unfortunately the kit i got didnt have the arrow pointing forward. It was identical to the readylift kit so I matched it up that way. One I figured out how to get that upper bolt on the knuckle on all was good to go. The vehicle seems to look in relative alignment but we will see when it goes in for tires and alignment tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
One I figured out how to get that upper bolt on the knuckle on all was good to go. The vehicle seems to look in relative alignment but we will see when it goes in for tires and alignment tomorrow.
Post some pics of the lifted Pilot here and in the lifted Pilot thread. The few, the proud, the lifted Piloteers...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts