Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 256,000 mile, 2007 Pilot, needs a new exhaust. Any recommendations out there? The catylic converters are new, so from there back. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
My 256,000 mile, 2007 Pilot, needs a new exhaust. Any recommendations out there? The catylic converters are new, so from there back. Thanks.
Walker Kit?

These parts are sold individually too. I'd price check against Amazon.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
@Nail Grease made a great suggestion. All I got to say is once you get the old exhaust off it’s clean and simple job to install the new one as there won’t be any stubborn bolts or rust chips dropping into your eyes and mouth. Ask me how I know.....LOL

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
You could start by looking at the usual suspects... :)

·
Registered
10,193 Posts
Aw geez, late to the party and someone's already wearing the same dress.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Nail Grease made a great suggestion. All I got to say is once you get the old exhaust off it’s clean and simple job to install the new one as there won’t be any stubborn bolts or rust chips dropping into your eyes and mouth. Ask me how I know.....LOL
Rust? I live in northern WI, there ain't no rust on my nuts n' bolts .

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
133 Posts
OK, another question, as I anticipate doing this myself soon, at least for the flex pipe:

Is there any welding at all? or is this all bolts and gaskets?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So being an excellent procrastinator, I just looked at the Walker flex pipe on Amazon. Some of the comments/reviews are suggesting the quality is poor.
Like, obviously ain't gonna be OEM, but is it acceptable?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
So being an excellent procrastinator, I just looked at the Walker flex pipe on Amazon. Some of the comments/reviews are suggesting the quality is poor.
Like, obviously ain't gonna be OEM, but is it acceptable?
First gen Pilots may not have a choice as the OEM front pipe with flex was discontinued for my ‘04. I used stainless steel fasteners to ensure an ez replacement next time. Walker, Bosal or generic eBay version are the only options.

·
Registered
10,193 Posts
Especially as they get older, beggars can't be choosers.

Still, it's unfortunate that Honda discontinues some items that owners might actually want more as time goes on, like essential exhaust system components. Or fender flares. :) :(

·
Registered
10,193 Posts
Do. We all enjoy an install thread. (y)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I ordered the kit from RockAuto last night. Should be here Monday. Hopefully no tweaking required. I may start an install thread, if there's not one here already.
Goggles for eye protection from debris and rust chips. Apply rust buster penetrant onto the 6 front pipe nuts and O2 sensors and sawzall the rest if any give you trouble. Tip: O2 sensors might be needed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts