Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC unit of my pilot is blowing out hot air, freon has been checked and is filled, and the compressor is working. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try clearing the drain tubes.

You should have two drains one is under the console, the other is passenger side towards wheel.

They look like black tubes a little larger than a ball point with a hole at the end aka nipple.

Take a flat head screw driver and probe the nipples and use you fingers to squish the build up free.

There will be some water drainage just FYI!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have you checked your AC relay fuses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If the relay or fuses were not working then the compressor wouldn't work. He said the compressor is working.

I agree with the blend motor theory. That's where I'd go first to check.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The compressor’s belt / pulley will turn even if the compressor is bad! The only real way to check if the compressor is getting power is to test that the pigtail is getting power at the female part where it plugs in at.

It’s likely that the compressor is bad and it’s not compressing freon to the lines.

Here’s the part from amazon...

Denso 471-1630 New Compressor with Clutch

This is the same issue I had with my pilot might be good to buy a drier and AC repair kit washers or just get this kit

AC Compressor w/A/C Repair Kit For Acura MDX & Honda Pilot - BuyAutoParts 60-80430RK New

If the relay or fuses were not working then the compressor wouldn't work. He said the compressor is working.

I agree with the blend motor theory. That's where I'd go first to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
482 Posts
It's an Internet forum. Words matter.

The words/phrases "blowing hot air" and "compressor is working" we can only take at face value. You can look down at the compressor and tell if it's "working" or not. This person knows enough to state that refrigerant level has been "checked and filled." Without going into detail on just what was done, I'd say it's safe to assume this person knows if the compressor is "working" or not.

If the compressor really is not working, when he says it's working, then the main problem is PEBCAK.

You're already replacing the compressor. For now, I'd just like to know if the suction line between the compressor and the evaporator is cold or not. If it's cold then the blend motor is where to go. If it's not cold then the report of it being filled and checked is likely inaccurate. A look at the front of the compressor to see if the clutch is spinning would be next. If it is, manifold pressure gauge would need to be connected to see what's going on. If it's not, then your fuse/relay theory could be the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts