Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,198 Posts
The only place I'm seeing any kind of spring for mirrors in the service manual, is for the inside rearview mirror. I've extracted the relevant pages and attached them here.

Made in Germany? Any instructions mitkommen? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only place I'm seeing any kind of spring for mirrors in the service manual, is for the inside rearview mirror. I've extracted the relevant pages and attached them here.

Made in Germany? Any instructions mitkommen? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for getting back to me so quick. I figured out where the spring goes when I did the job today. I have pictures explaining what I did.
  1. remove mirror from mirror assembly when it's on the car. This looks much simpler to do now. My mirror was broke so I did not have to do this. lots of online stuff on how to do this.
  2. remove mirror assembly from 2006 pilot
  3. removed screws on connector receptacle where wire from car plugs into mirror assembly
    1. New actuator has 2 connectors. My pilot has the old one, I assume, so I have to switch connectors (see pix)
  4. Carefully removed the gasket. it was stuck in some places, but I was able to remove it safely
  5. cut the old wire in the middle saving how the 5 wires are located in the old connector. the 2 black are the heater and they are interchangeable. The other 3 are not!! save the old connector wire color and pinout.
  6. I removed the old actuator. 4 screws
  7. I installed new actuator, 4 screws. Here is where I figured out where the spring goes. see picture with red circle. the 2 ends go into the actuator and it clips on the outer part
  8. I snaked the new actuator wires back into mirror assembly. See pix. think waterproof when you put this all back together.
  9. installed wire into the connector my car uses.
  10. secured the connector to the mirror assembly
  11. installed mirror assembly back onto Pilot
  12. and lastly, I installed the mirror back on the mirror assemble. Lots of videos on how to do that.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts