Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to do some cosmetic upgrades on my 2006 Pilot just to improve it's overall appearance since I'm planning on keeping it forever. The finish on my rear spoiler (that houses the 3rd brakelight) has just really gone to pot. $519 just for the part so not going that route. Color is shot and really rough to the touch. It being plastic didn't know if anyone had managed to refurbish theirs and take it back to it's original appearance? I'd be interested in knowing how you did it and what products you used? Thx. Randy

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
odd both my 06's still look like the same when i first purchased them back in 06 .. I didn't bother to even pay attention that those go to crap

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,403 Posts
Trying to do some cosmetic upgrades on my 2006 Pilot just to improve it's overall appearance since I'm planning on keeping it forever. The finish on my rear spoiler (that houses the 3rd brakelight) has just really gone to pot. $519 just for the part so not going that route. Color is shot and really rough to the touch. It being plastic didn't know if anyone had managed to refurbish theirs and take it back to it's original appearance? I'd be interested in knowing how you did it and what products you used? Thx. Randy
www.car-part.com
Maybe L👀k here for a good used replacement?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,884 Posts
Yup, as the experts above suggest, salvage yard or eBay and then Piloteers member @MyHondaFix 's helpful video.

I'd say your experience with the rear spoiler going to pot is an outlier, as most stand up to the test of time pretty well. Anyway, no sense in paying full new OEM price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These cars never get wax jobs, maybe that's why others have held up so well. Tried local junk/salvage yards and can't seem to find Honda parts there, just American brands. Then you have the issue of trying to find a color match too.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,403 Posts
These cars never get wax jobs, maybe that's why others have held up so well. Tried local junk/salvage yards and can't seem to find Honda parts there, just American brands. Then you have the issue of trying to find a color match too.
There are 5 pages of rear spoilers on www.car-part.com
I'm unable to share the search.
Simply enter
Year Make Model Body
spoiler rear

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
492 Posts
I just got rid of one. I would sand yours down and reshoot it. Paintscratch.com would sell the small amount you need in a rattle can, with a rattle can of clear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts