Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temperature dial on my 2006 pilot seems to be failing. Normally any temperature change would quickly change what comes out of the vents but now it's more of a hit/miss situation. Raise/lower the temp and more often than not, you have to wait on it to finally catch up to the new temp setting. For the longest time even when sitting in a quiet environment with the motor running you could hear some sort of noises coming from inside the console. I'm thinking both of those issues are related to a bad air mixer? It that's your evaluation too, can you send me a link to find a good DIY video on how to replace it? Thanks, R

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,256 Posts
Couple of easy and cheap things to try first, after having sprayed them with Silicone Lubricant spray or good ol' WD-40 in a pinch:

• You might hava a screw loose. :) Tighten it. 1. On the cover of the engine find the word "HONDA" 2. From the Letter "H" go straight back to the firewall. 3. Now go down 13.5" from the underside of the firewall. 4. The valve is attached to the firewall by a bracket with the valve being about about 3-4 inches away from the firewall. Look for a thin cable coming out of the firewall. This cable attaches to an arm. The arm attaches to the top of the valve with a Phillips screw on the very top.

• Give your air mix motor a good nudge before resigning yourself to fixing or replacing it if that doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts