Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It currently has a backup camera, but the image is really bad. I've attempted to clean the camera and it just seems like maybe it's damaged from wear.

Everything I can find seems to be about adding a camera to a unit without it. Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket cam I can purchase that integrates right in? I can handle wiring, but time is a constraint to help her with this so the simpler the better. Thank you!

·
Registered
795 Posts
OEM camera appears to have a 6-wire connector, but I am not familiar with pinout. Might need to see if you can locate the 2006 Pilot service manual. The OEM camera on my 2013 EX also has 6-wire connector:
video signal, video ground, camera power (+8V), ground, shield, presence.
But whether 2006 camera is same, I dunno. Anyways, most generic aftermarket cameras run off 12VDC and if Pilot '06 supplies same 8V, is could be not enough. Alpine cameras run on 6VDC.

Typical aftermarket camera will have a yellow RCA plug and a red power plug. yellow RCA center pin is video signal, ring is video ground. Power connector is +VDC on center pin, ground on jacket. Shield: ignore. Presence (if it is a thing) - short it to ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.