Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

All of the above mentioned lights as well as the triangle with the exclamation mark came on recently and I am at a loss as to what the heck is wrong. I've watched some YouTube videos and thought for sure that the rear differential fluid needed to be changed and the temperature control sensor that is in the rear diff. After doing all that, the lights did go off, at least until I was about 2 miles down the road. Then they all came back on. It's been about three weeks and sometimes the lights are off at start up but mostly, they come right on and stay on.

I've got to think that there is ONE thing that I need to do to fix this. I don't want to have to replace parts one at a time when I really didn't need to do it.

Has anyone been able to repair this on their own without too much trouble? If so, I would appreciate any advice and guidance.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,827 Posts
Do you have an OBD II scanner? With the trouble codes, it may give clear direction on exactly where the trouble is. Sometimes the VTM-4 light will illuminate when there's something under the hood that's the problem.
Most parts stores will scan for the vehicle codes for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I don't know much about Honda Pilot vehicles (that's why I joined), but I have noticed that with most cars built in the past 15 years or so, a good electrical ground is critical. I recently found out that the Pilot (at least mine) has 3 ground straps, all of which will be replaced shortly. So, it's worth a check.

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I don't know much about Honda Pilot vehicles (that's why I joined), but I have noticed that with most cars built in the past 15 years or so, a good electrical ground is critical. I recently found out that the Pilot (at least mine) has 3 ground straps, all of which will be replaced shortly. So, it's worth a check.
And here's where to find them.

Attachments

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,567 Posts
The scan tool needs to be capable of deciphering Honda specific codes since the VTM-4 fault light is on. A generic scan tool may not report an issue on this interface.

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
Don’t have to spend a lot to get some 4-6 gauge wires to replace the old ground wires.
Available at Walmart.

The scan tool needs to be capable of deciphering Honda specific codes since the VTM-4 fault light is on. A generic scan tool may not report an issue on this interface.
Available from AliExpress, but shipped from within the US, the Foxwell NT630 Plus is the least expensive scan tool I've found that reads Honda-specific codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts