Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at options to end up with new cushions and comfy seating for my 13 year old driver seat. Do I just buy a new dealer bottom cushion ($483) and OEM rear seat pad ($1038) and have it replaced? or other there other options?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
How worn is it? While new OEM parts from a dealer might be a bit more comfy and give you that new car smell for a few days, is it really worth one and a half grand? How about having a look around your local salvage yards? You might be surprised to find some entire seats there still in quite good condition in Pilots that got scrapped for something else entirely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely check junkyards. Sometimes a car is totaled but seats are good. I wouldn't spend that OEM money myself.

Definitely second this, I always check junkyards before buying parts. It may be more work to pull it out yourself but it is always worth the cost. If you can pull it out yourself you can install it yourself. Seats aren't that hard either, most seats bolt in the same way (google how to or may be able to find honda service manual on how to).

·
Registered
56 Posts
My leather seats on my '03 pilot were pretty trashed after 200k of miles. I recently bought some pretty tough "custom" covers for the seat and seatbacks. They are obviously covers so they don't fit perfectly or try to pretend that they do, but they are actually pretty fantastic. I'm considering them for my other car. Super durable, smooth, and fit pretty well. Cordura Coverking Ballistic seat covers. I'm really happy with the purchase and have been living with them for a couple months now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had my drivers seat rebuilt at a local upholstery shop for about $225. This was the bottom seat cushion only. They took off the leather cover, cut out the dead foam, glued in new foam, and reshaped the seat. Look at this YouTube video for guidance:

While they had the seat cover off they replaced the seat heater element with one that I bought at no charge.

Easy process, find a shop in your area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts