Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently got a 2006 pilot and just a bit ago noticed that there is a DVD rom in under the passenger seat, I have the premium sound system and nav, but there is no screen in the back to display movies onto.... Does this work on the nav screen or is it for updates to the nav system?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Are you sure it is a DVD rom under the seat. I never owned a first generation pilot. If there is no rear entertainment system I suspect that it may be a CD changer. Someone with experience with this generation of Pilot will most likely drop in to provide you with better information.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Are you sure it is a DVD rom under the seat. I never owned a first generation pilot. If there is no rear entertainment system I suspect that it may be a CD changer. Someone with experience with this generation of Pilot will most likely drop in to provide you with better information.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang
Yes it is definitely a DVD Rom, label right on the front of it. Single cd slot and also has a slot labeled "PC CARD" inside. Has a manual door on it that folds down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I started the car and ejected the drive, it's loaded with a disc for the nav system, put a regular DVD in and it didn't read that. So that answers that question. It's simply a small computer that's for the nav system.

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
Try dropping a CD in and see what happens. It may be that it only reads data DVD's for nav update. On my 2013 Pilot the Nav Update came on a DVD but to install the update you used the CD slot on the nav/radio system. Hopefully a 1st Gen owner will drop in and advise you. You might also check the Honda Owners site and see what information they have for that year and model of Pilot. All of the manuals are available in PDF form. Good luck.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,299 Posts
That DVD drive is (only) for updating your NAV system.

If you think it's worth it, you might want to try to get one off eBay.

Navigation Map Updates | Pilot 2006 | HERE

honda navigation dvd | eBay

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
That DVD drive is (only) for updating your NAV system.

If you think it's worth it, you might want to try to get one off eBay.

honda navigation dvd | eBay

Seriously, all of that just to update the navigation system. Wow. Talk about a bit of over kill. I wonder if the 80's Hondas were VHS or Beta Max. :ROFLMAO:

Glad you were able to answer the question. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts