Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The low beam on the driver side of my pilot is not coming on, but the high beam works. I changed the bulb, swapped fuses left and right fuses and both relays and still nothing. The passenger side is fine, just the right. I noticed when I removed the bulb, there was some dust, so I sprayed it out with air. Still isn't working.

Any suggestions? Not terribly mechanically inclined, but willing to try to fix this myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That happened to me on my 2003 Pilot. There was a recall that took care of that. Check your Vin to see if you have a recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have mentioned that I did check that, but it said my vehicle was not part of that recall. I was hoping that was it, but didn't turn out to be the issue.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There is no recall of any sort for a 14 year old vehicle unless it's a safety item like Air bags , seat belts , or emissions related items. Check the wiring that leads to the bulb to make sure it's not burned off or eaten ..or broken .

Reactions: Sedaitaintso

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That happened to me on my 2003 Pilot. There was a recall that took care of that. Check your Vin to see if you have a recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When did you get this TSB complete ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no recall of any sort for a 14 year old vehicle unless it's a safety item like Air bags , seat belts , or emissions related items. Check the wiring that leads to the bulb to make sure it's not burned off or eaten ..or broken .
I glanced at the small area that I could see where it attaches to the bulb socket to see if the wires were loose, and I didn't see anything there. I had thought maybe a loose ground wire. I will have to look into it further and trace the wiring to inspect the rest of it. Mybuncle suggested replacing the switch, which I am ok with doing, but I would hate to spend the money and have it be something else. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I glanced at the small area that I could see where it attaches to the bulb socket to see if the wires were loose, and I didn't see anything there. I had thought maybe a loose ground wire. I will have to look into it further and trace the wiring to inspect the rest of it. Mybuncle suggested replacing the switch, which I am ok with doing, but I would hate to spend the money and have it be something else. Thank you for the suggestion.
check the switch first cause if it was bad BOTH sides would not function .. so its only that side is the issue .. could be a bad socket that the build sits in .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.