Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my Pilot has been having an intermittent error code of the electrical system not having enough power.

On the way home Tuesday, I slow down to a four way stop and my dash flashes on and off once. As I leave the four way stop, it's as if I've only got 10% of first gear.

Limp my way back to the house and my dash starts lighting up. First, VTM. Followed by air bag. Followed by seat belt. Followed by battery. Followed by oil pressure. ETC.

I park it in my drive way. Order the alternator and got it Thursday. ACDELCO 3342692A {#88864913} (Remanufactured) Professional; Remanufactured
There are two different engine codes listed for this vehicle: J35Z1 and J35A9. Mine is the latter. This part did not specify however.

I installed it and a new belt Saturday. I step back thinking "Done"...... I go to crank it and it barely starts to turn over then the click click click click over the dash kicks in. Oil and Battery still lit up on dash. When I say it barely starts... You can hear it start to crank for literally half a second then it quits and the dash starts clicking.

I checked the battery, 11.4v. So, I jumper cabled it up to my truck thinking it didn't have enough juice. Same result.

Bad starter? Bad/wrong alternator? Security Protection problem?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Your truck was running of course? What was the voltage before and after you jumped your Pilot? Sounds like you have a short somewhere.

·
Registered
826 Posts
So, my Pilot has been having an intermittent error code of the electrical system not having enough power.

On the way home Tuesday, I slow down to a four way stop and my dash flashes on and off once. As I leave the four way stop, it's as if I've only got 10% of first gear.

Limp my way back to the house and my dash starts lighting up. First, VTM. Followed by air bag. Followed by seat belt. Followed by battery. Followed by oil pressure. ETC.

I park it in my drive way. Order the alternator and got it Thursday. ACDELCO 3342692A {#88864913} (Remanufactured) Professional; Remanufactured
There are two different engine codes listed for this vehicle: J35Z1 and J35A9. Mine is the latter. This part did not specify however.

I installed it and a new belt Saturday. I step back thinking "Done"...... I go to crank it and it barely starts to turn over then the click click click click over the dash kicks in. Oil and Battery still lit up on dash. When I say it barely starts... You can hear it start to crank for literally half a second then it quits and the dash starts clicking.

I checked the battery, 11.4v. So, I jumper cabled it up to my truck thinking it didn't have enough juice. Same result.

Bad starter? Bad/wrong alternator? Security Protection problem?
11.4 volts is a dead battery. Put it on a charger overnight before you try to drive the car, or you could ruin your new alternator. The battery may need to be replaced if it won't hold a decent charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11.4 volts is a dead battery. Put it on a charger overnight before you try to drive the car, or you could ruin your new alternator. The battery may need to be replaced if it won't hold a decent charge.
Thanks. Will give it a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts