Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did a major service on my 2006 Pilot last night (oil and filter, tranny fluid, power steering fluid, transfer assembly, vtm-4 fluid, rotate tires and check brakes and guide pins). I ran a little short on power steering fluid and had to go back to the shop this morning for a couple more bottles (only needed most of 1, so I have a spare).

As I was cleaning up in the daylight, I noticed my intake tube looked cracked around where it connects to the intake manifold. Hmm, I may have to replace that, methinks. Then, I happened to notice a big crack midways in the tube, hidden by the darkness and the bellows. Wow, I have no idea how long I've been sucking unfiltered air into the engine. So I grabbed some duct tape and secured the big crack so my wife could make her appt this morning.

Now off to search out the p/n and order a replacement! I'll bet my air filter replacements where I lift up the top of the air cleaner accelerated the issue. But I'm kinda surprised to see this honestly. The Pilot has 153,900 miles on it and we've had it since October 2005... 13 years almost.

P/N: 17228-PVJ-A10 and seems to be around $38-ish or so.

R&R video:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
wow nice find ..after reading this i went out and checked both of my 06's ..... 30 bucks little much for a tube ... junkyard may have it for what..5 bucks or so?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Junk yard tubes will all be cracked or near that. Go to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts