Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a question about a 2006 pilot that needs a new engine. Will a 2007 oddessy engine work in the pilot?
Junk yard is telling me it will. Its my wifes car and the timing belt went will she was driving down the street.

·
Banned
142 Posts
hi all,
i have a question about a 2006 pilot that needs a new engine. Will a 2007 oddessy engine work in the pilot?
Junk yard is telling me it will. Its my wifes car and the timing belt went will she was driving down the street.
The junkyard is usually right about which engines crossover.....they pay a lot of money for the software that lets them know what fits what.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some Pilots were awd others Fwd. engines had different internals And are not compatible without rebuilding

I did not realize this...I wouldnt think the final drive would matter.

Her pilot is AWD.
I am looking to replace the pilot engine with the odyssey engine. I dont feel her pilot is worth the money for new heads and timing belt. Probably looking atleast $3k in repairs. Sadly she was going to trade it in after the winter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Easy repair!
Remove heads, replace a few valves, that is what usually needed. Number of needed valves is hard to predict. Maybe 3-5.
Only once I repaired some 4-cyl engine which needed all 16 valves. Valves are usually around $5 a piece, Beside valves you'll need head gasket set and timing kit.
Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
You probably need to get the ECU from that Ody maybe. The ECU in the Pilot may not be compatible with the engine from the Ody.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
how much longer are you planning to keep the pilot ? if your planning to keep the damn thing until it drops and then some.... like my boss at the house wants with her Pilot then I suggest a crate engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts