Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Motor Trend, their 'future forecast' calls for an exterior redesign of the Pilot in 2006.....mentions nothing of Honda adding any accessories in '04 or '05 (i.e., SUNROOF!)

Could Honda be waiting to style their '05 truck first, and then base the '06 Pilot off that??

Also, the Odyssey is going to be redesigned for 2004....anyone seen any pictures? That could be interesting.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
According to Motor Trend, their 'future forecast' calls for an exterior redesign of the Pilot in 2006.....mentions nothing of Honda adding any accessories in '04 or '05 (i.e., SUNROOF!)

Could Honda be waiting to style their '05 truck first, and then base the '06 Pilot off that??

Also, the Odyssey is going to be redesigned for 2004....anyone seen any pictures? That could be interesting.
no the redesigned Ody will come in Fall 04 as a 05 model.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The redesign of the Ody was to be released this year as an '04 model. They decided "If it aint broke don't fix it" as my Dad always says. They'll have no trouble unloading all of them. I'm interested to see the '05 that they already know about.
That's the first I've heard of Pilot re-design. Maybe I'll trade up then:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
An exterior redesign could mean changing only a few things. Honda does this frequently in the last couple of years of production on their vehicles. Shouldn't really surprise anyone.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: 2006 Honda Pilot

JungleJim said:
An exterior redesign could mean changing only a few things. Honda does this frequently in the last couple of years of production on their vehicles. Shouldn't really surprise anyone.
Yeah, that's true. How extensive the exterior change would be the question. However, since the segment of the market that the Pilot is in is very, very competitive, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a new model at '06.

·
Registered
991 Posts
JungleJim said:
A redesign in 2006? Highly unlikely.

When was the last time Honda restyled a vehicle after only 3 years?
Actually Honda has redesigned many of there vehicles in only 3-4 years.

There was a total redesign change 1992-1995 Honda Civics with the new design in 1996, they also changed the civic again and again since 96

Same with the Accords..

2006 sounds about right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont think so !!! Honda at the earliest has redesigned at the 5th yr, thats after 4 full yrs of the model. So out Pilots shouldnt see any major change until '07, to preserve at least 4 yrs....'03 - '06. The segment is highly competitive but consumers (myself included) wont appreciate a major change just after 3 yrs because their money will go down the drains with the introduction of the new one just after 3 yrs, besides all this, with the success this vehicle has had I see prehaps even a yr later - as the Ody !
Last 15 yrs or so this has been the history with some Hondas:
Civic 84-87 / 88 - 91 / 92 - 95......
Accords 86-89 / 90-93 / 94-97 / 98-02 (this was 5 yrs actually).
Odyssey 99-03 (this is already 5 and it will go another - thats 6 yrs)

·
Registered
747 Posts
ffiallo said:
Dont think so !!! Honda at the earliest has redesigned at the 5th yr, thats after 4 full yrs of the model. So out Pilots shouldnt see any major change until '07, to preserve at least 4 yrs....'03 - '06. The segment is highly competitive but consumers (myself included) wont appreciate a major change just after 3 yrs because their money will go down the drains with the introduction of the new one just after 3 yrs, besides all this, with the success this vehicle has had I see prehaps even a yr later - as the Ody !
You forgot one thing. If Honda decide Pilot's redesign cycle is 4 years. That means this gen of pilot run from 03-06. We are supposes to see the new face of 07 model at fall of 07, aren't we?

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the first post, this is what I am seeing:

Fall 2002 (New Pilot 2003)
Fall 2003 (Same model 2004)
Fall 2004 (Same model 2005)
Fall 2005 (Redesign model 2006)

It could be all speculation from MT. Who knows, Honda could switch it up anyway they’d like regardless of their trends.

·
Registered
991 Posts
ffiallo said:

Not sure what you mean by "Don't think so!" With the history you have just mentioned, Honda has changed there styles or redesigned there models every 4 years. So what if it is 4 or 5? Point is they do it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sometimes they change things a little earlier. The '85 CRX's were different in many ways from the original '84's both in the mechanical and style departments. Another big redesign came in '88.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2006 makes sense for a mid-cycle update, as Honda did with the Odyssey. The Ody came out in 99, and they did a significant update in 2002, with a more powerful engine and chassis upgrades, grille and taillight changes, etc. Not a new design, but more than the ususal year-to-year tweaks. The Pilot will probably get similar updates around 06.

·
Registered
747 Posts
sodakpilot said:
2006 makes sense for a mid-cycle update, as Honda did with the Odyssey. The Ody came out in 99, and they did a significant update in 2002, with a more powerful engine and chassis upgrades, grille and taillight changes, etc. Not a new design, but more than the ususal year-to-year tweaks. The Pilot will probably get similar updates around 06.
The industry term call facelift. However, it can be a re-design, like they do to Accord, that's lots more than just facelift.

Honda can go either way, I think it depends on market or competition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts