Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know how to obtain a reasonably priced navigation update for a 2006 Honda Pilot? Every one I've found is very expensive.

Also the port (cigarette lighter) for the front charger in my PIlot broke. Can this be fixed?

TIA

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Also the port (cigarette lighter) for the front charger in my PIlot broke. Can this be fixed?
Hello,
I assume when you say broke that it has no power?
Check the 15amp fuse #9 in the passenger side fuse box under the dash.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know how to obtain a reasonably priced navigation update for a 2006 Honda Pilot? Every one I've found is very expensive.

TIA
Hi there, welcome to the site!

I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic, but,

I/we- my family use Google Maps on our Iphone? We use a mount to the air vents and a magnet to hold the phone up where we want it.
* I remember the 'old days' when if you wanted voice prompts with Map Quest, etc, you had to pay for it. Not anymore, updates for traffic, lane closures, etc.
Sorry if you already knew this and don't want to go this route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there, welcome to the site!

I/we- my family use Google Maps on our Iphone? We use a mount to the air vents and a magnet to hold the phone up where we want it.
* I remember the 'old days' when if you wanted voice prompts with Map Quest, etc, you had to pay for it. Not anymore, updates for traffic, lane closures, etc.
Sorry if you already knew this and don't want to go this route.
Not rude at all. My car is my office. I am a hospice chaplain. I'm constantly on the phone with patients, doctors and using the map at the same time. Want to have one less thing to juggle. I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
The whole thing came out. So there's nothing there to plug in to any more. Thanks
The wire connector is there but the socket is missing?
The socket part # 39632-S5A-A01
The cap to the the socket is sold separately.
Please verify fitment before ordering.
There may be aftermarket part solution for a lower price.
See parts 61, 62, 63 in this diagram. Other Honda websites may have a lower price.

Reactions: ECH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See parts 61, 62, 63 in this diagram. Other Honda websites may have a lower price.
AWesome!!! I will try this. Thank you.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
Um, OP said front. Isn't that the rear you're showing her?

I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic, butt,..

Google Maps? Maybe 5 or 10 years ago, but in this day and age Waze is where it's at. :)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
AWesome!!! I will try this. Thank you.
If you’re handy or know someone who is, Amazon has replacement 12 volt outlets either for cigarettes or 12v power or USB to charge the phone or ones that display voltage while providing all the above. Much less expensive than going to the dealer. Only two wires to deal with one positive and one negative. Just disconnect the battery negative before messing with electric.
EDDB1833-330F-46F9-B38B-E826D253135B.jpeg

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I'm sure the sockets are similar, FWIW, but as I was looking for examples to suggest, @aggrex posted what I was going to suggest. If you're not using the "cigarette lighter" port to light up some cancer sticks but just to connect your phone or other USB devices, why not skip the middleman, as it were, and just replace the broken socket with something like this...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
BTW, the only ones I've been able to find that display voltage are ones that plug into an already existing "cigarette" socket, not ones that replace the socket, which sort of makes electrical logic sense.

Those are the types I have; these models exactly, since my socket works:

2.93US $ 2% OFF|kebidumei 2 Colors Dual USB 4 in 1 Car Charger Adapter Socket For Phone Tablet PC With Blue Red LED Display|usb charger socket|usb socket carcar charger dual socket - AliExpress

aceyoon QC 3.0 Car Charger 3 USB Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter 12V/24V Max 3.1A 70W with LED Display Socket Splitter Compatible for Galaxy S10 S9 S8, Mate P30 P20, XS Max XR: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Edit: Hold the presses, I found one that replaces the socket with USB ports and displays voltage. Is there nothing that China doesn't make and Amazon doesn't sell? :D

·
Registered
9,266 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
A noble gesture from a noble fellow. (y)
Thanks for watching me. I'm happy to swallow any pride to keep from costing someone. 👍

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Does the 2006 have a 12V power socket in the base of the center armrest, as does my 2003?

As for GPS, I'd buy one of the dash/windshield-mount units from Garmin or TomTom that comes with free lifetime map updates.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Does the 2006 have a 12V power socket in the base of the center armrest, as does my 2003?
My 2006 EX-L w/RES has three, one in the front, one inside the center armrest, and one near the emergency jack hutch, plus a 110V outlet also under the center armrest.

My daughter's 2007 EX-L (with no RES) has one behind the center console, accessible to the second row, which mine does not, since it has 3 headphone jacks and individual volume controls, plus RCA audio and video inputs for the RES there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts