Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently had to change the rear left knuckle on my 06 pilot. This is the 3rd time in 4yrs.

1st time I was goin GB 5mp ove a speed bump in a pool parking lot.

2nd time I hit a pot hole (both time were on the left rear)

3rd time drove over a manhole about 5-10mph.

I love my pilot and dont want to get rid of it but I need to know if anyone has had this issue since everyone I ask looks at me crazy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Perhaps that shock is frozen up? Has that shock been changed out as well?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
yes that is crazy has these parts been OEM replacements ?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Yes, change them out for OEM, since you have to replace them anyway, and get some new KYB shocks at the same time.

2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Shock Absorber | RockAuto

Don't forget to use the Piloteers 5% discount.

5% Discount Code: 6F3FAEF349C046
Expires: February 12, 2020

Enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with the frozen theory. But I'm guessing that its not just the shock, but also the lower pivot bolt.

When you do the new parts, replace the bolts, too. Grease everything when you put it together. Torque to spec.

My next guess would be structural mis-alignment. A good body shop might be able to resolve that. If the car took a hit back there before this started, that's worth investigating before putting on new parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts