Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have. 2006 Honda Pilot with 230,000 5th owner of the vehicle, got the vehicle at 190,000 last October and 3k oil changes.
The Honda now jerks now when driving it first, and then gets better but a Big Bang in the front end when trying to get up to 70 mph for the highway, I want to keep the vehicle going after paid 3k and no rust!! So any thoughts of keeping it going longer or move on to another Honda Pilot

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi there, I have. 2006 Honda Pilot with 230,000 5th owner of the vehicle, got the vehicle at 190,000 last October and 3k oil changes.
The Honda now jerks now when driving it first, and then gets better but a Big Bang in the front end when trying to get up to 70 mph for the highway, I want to keep the vehicle going after paid 3k and no rust!! So any thoughts of keeping it going longer or move on to another Honda Pilot
Don't assume that the transmission is the problem. You may have a couple of bad motor mounts and the engine is moving under load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually ever since I got the vehicle it keep throwing codes at me saying mis fire all cyclinders and witch I have replaced all coils and spark plugs etc, it was a bitch to pass NY inspection again for 2020

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,042 Posts
What STMech said. My first thought was also motor mounts. You can easily check if yours have failed (look up videos on YouTube). Typically the front and passenger side mounts are the first to go on the Pilot.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,042 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! .. When was the last time you swapped out the tranny fluid ? on my 06 when it does the jerk upon take off the fluid is due . from diff also need to be swapped time to time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for adding me all!! Actually the transmission fluid has been changed at 200,000 miles, it’s front wheel drive. I don’t want to change the transmission fluid to much then it will not have the stickiness to the clutch plates

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks for adding me all!! Actually the transmission fluid has been changed at 200,000 miles, it’s front wheel drive. I don’t want to change the transmission fluid to much then it will not have the stickiness to the clutch plates
Please, don't be afraid to change the ATF in a Honda. The solenoids and valve body assemblies need fresh clean fluid to work smoothly. The friction plates and steels in the clutch assemblies work just fine with clean fluid. Thats how a new transmission works! Dirty, gunked up fluid with steel dust and worn friction material floating around is not going to help your transmission last longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I’ll definitely give a fresh transmission flush again. At 240,000 miles maybe it will clean it self out.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
2006 Honda Pilot with 230,000 5th owner of the vehicle, got the vehicle at 190,000 last October and 3k oil changes.
Actually ever since I got the vehicle it keep throwing codes at me saying mis fire all cyclinders and witch I have replaced all coils and spark plugs etc, it was a bitch to pass NY inspection again for 2020
Has the valve clearance ever been checked or adjusted?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts