Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda pilot, purchased in 2019 with 126000 miles. The check engine light started coming on about 5 months ago, and since then it has been turning off and on intermittently. I checked the codes and it's showing only a P0420 code stored. 1) B1 deterioration 2) Catalyst B1 efficiency below threshold 3)Catalyst system inefficiency.

The car seems fine while I'm driving it, and the light turns on and off by itself. I've looked around a little bit on the internet so far and mostly found info about the 02 sensors and potentially replacing the catalytic converter. I'm hesitant to jump into any repairs at this point because of the way the light comes on intermittently. I have noticed that it seems to come on sometimes after I get gas. This car also has a problem with water accumulating on the floor on the passenger side front seat, which I believe is coming from the small hole in the frame where the sunroof drain empties. I attempted to seal the area with some sillicone and I havent noticed any water for awhile.

I havent tested the O2 sensors yet but I know where they are and I'm pretty sure I know how to test them with a multimeter and a hair dryer.

The light was on yesterday, but it's off today. Perhaps there is a correlation between humidity and the light, but I'll need to keep some future records to see if that is the case.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What was the solution? Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
My wife’s Acura would occasionally throw the catalyst efficiency code when it was cold outside during the winter but never in the summer. It progressively would happen more frequently. When I looked at the live stream voltages from the O2 sensor it looked like a bad sensor. New Denso O2 sensor and the problem went away.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2005 Pilot has that code pop up from time to time. Started around 200k miles. I have been told no rush to do anything. I may check the sensors sometime soon. Just chiming in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts