Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello thank you for taking your time out to help. So we recently bought a 2006 Honda Pilot Ex-l 4wd and the lady has kept well care of the pilot but we knew we had a small issues but not this many. Hopefully someone can help me out so here’s the issues we are having

1. Random misfire of all cylinders
2. Car stalled out on High way
3. After stalling out car is smoking a ton
4. There is not a ticking coming from front and back of engine sounds like
5. Code now comes up that car is running rich

I need help don’t know where to even begin

Car has 112,000 miles on it timing belt and water pump was done at 102,000 miles

Any ideas would be great to help us get back on road

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow loads of issues there. If it were me, I don't trust anybody but Honda service and genuine parts (I've had my fair share of having outside mechanics trying to work on my cars with aftermarket parts). I'd take that vehicle straight to Honda service dept and have them look over the entire car. Let them tell you what the issues are and then prioritize from there. Fix the most critical parts first (if it even makes sense) then go from there.

Just my 2 cents.

How much you paid for the vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How many miles are on the engine? Number 1 and number 4 issues point to the valves needing adjustment. This could also be related to stalling. These engines require valve adjustment around 200k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pilot has 112,000 miles changed oil today not to bad. Noise seems to be coming from valve area. Smoking as can be but it will drive has a small hesitation during pedal press. Code is coming up bank 1 sensor 2 rich.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay update
Changed oil -changed oil filter- found gas in oil
Ran pilot around block code came up for bank 2 sensor 1 - changed that out car stopped smoking so much but still have the loud ticking

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pilot has 112,000 miles changed oil today not to bad. Noise seems to be coming from valve area. Smoking as can be but it will drive has a small hesitation during pedal press. Code is coming up bank 1 sensor 2 rich.
It is most likely valve seal smoking, it takes 3 min to fix. I fixed it in my Pilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts