Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been experiencing the D flashing light for quite some time and I haven't done anything yet to make it stop although I have visited a mechanic to ask what was the cause and what can I do to make it stop. So he used his scanner and the codes P0873 and P0848 appeared. He told me that I need new pressure switches for the third/fourth gears. What I want to know is if you have experienced my problem and have gotten it fixed, what did you do to make the D light stop blinking as you're driving normally say on a trip to get groceries or a long ride to a beach? Did you replace the presure switches? Did they make the D return to its normal state? How much were the pressure switches?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I replaced both pressure switches in my 2005 Pilot and it got rid of the blinking "D" in the dash. I paid like ~$40 each for the switches and did the work in my driveway. It took about 30-45 minutes; the hardest part was taking off the black plastic on the interior of the wheel well.

There is a DIY with lots of information for the '03-'05 Pilots. If you read through it, there are a lot of people discussing the '06-'08 models, as well. Looks like they are slightly different. Here is the link: http://www.piloteers.org/forums/18-maintenance/27348-diy-replacing-transmission-pressure-switches.html

·
Registered
557 Posts
Same experience here, got the Flashing D on my '05, noticed kind of hard shifts in higher gears.

I ordered parts from Majestic, total was under $90 and that includes 2 10mm crush washers and shipping. I might suggest having a handful of body fender rivets from Amazon or eBay (they're cheap) for reassembly. Like Staplesatwork said, the hardest part is removing the fender plastic. The sensors are even color coded so you don't confuse the two, they will fit in the wrong holes if you're not careful.

I strongly suspect my '05 was traded-in due to the flashing 'D', and I got a good deal, so I'm not going to complain about it too much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced both pressure switches in my 2005 Pilot and it got rid of the blinking "D" in the dash. I paid like ~$40 each for the switches and did the work in my driveway. It took about 30-45 minutes; the hardest part was taking off the black plastic on the interior of the wheel well.

There is a DIY with lots of information for the '03-'05 Pilots. If you read through it, there are a lot of people discussing the '06-'08 models, as well. Looks like they are slightly different. Here is the link: http://www.piloteers.org/forums/18-maintenance/27348-diy-replacing-transmission-pressure-switches.html
thank you for the response. what are the part numbers?

·
Registered
557 Posts
thank you for the response. what are the part numbers?
They seem to vary depending on your model year (which I can't find), I think they all cross-reference back to the same base part numbers but I wouldn't bet on that.

I just dug down through Majestic's online web for my model year and ordered that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
HangFire
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing