Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got my pilot not too long ago through an auction. I noticed this loose cable on the driver's side near the fuse box area. Does anyone know where it belongs? I want to make sure it's in the correct place. Any pictures of how this area in your pilot looks like would be great for reference. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
If everything seems to be working OK, can you ask the previous owner if he had any aftermarket accessories installed, then removed, before selling to you?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
127 Posts
☝ When I got my accord, the prior prior owner had a sub in there. It has extra wires to contend with along with a hot ground just hanging out in the trunk connected to the battery that started sparking when I moved it 😳

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
The photo's a little fuzzy, but there might be some tapped wires leading to that cable, leading me to ask my question. :)

Aftermarket alarm system, radar detector, dashcam, remote starter, something like that, maybe? Ask the previous owner if you can.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
With those T-Taps attached to the factory wiring, there was definitely something aftermarket in there. Do you see some sort of box/module zip tied to the wiring harnesses in that area?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With those T-Taps attached to the factory wiring, there was definitely something aftermarket in there. Do you see some sort of box/module zip tied to the wiring harnesses in that area?
There isn't anything zip tied but after reading yours and previous replies, I do believe there was something aftermarket there. I have a scanner and nothing out of the ordinary was detected so I'm hoping it stays that way. Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The photo's a little fuzzy, but there might be some tapped wires leading to that cable, leading me to ask my question. :)

Aftermarket alarm system, radar detector, dashcam, remote starter, something like that, maybe? Ask the previous owner if you can.
Thanka for your response, unfortunately I can't ask previous owner since I have no contact with them but my stepdad took a look and he agrees with everyone else in regards to an aftermarket product being there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts