Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2006 Honda Pilot
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
Merry Christmas 馃巹 to everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using Bosch oil filters for their Pilot. I was looking to try the Bosch 3323 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter.
I tried to do a search on the forum but did not find anything on oil filters.

Premium Oil Filter | Bosch Auto Parts

Thanks!

Registered
I've used them. I used Bosch filters on my two CR-Vs and the latter one was in great shape at 120,000 miles when I traded it. Somewhere on the net someone cut open a bunch of filters and gave a summary of the relative size of the media (square inches, number of pleats, etc), as well as the apparent construction quality. I recall Bosch was among the "good" ones as far as having a relatively large filter area. I have no complaints about that one in the Pilot, except that my local Autozone is usually out of them.

Registered
2006 Honda Pilot
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave! I'm going to give them a try.

Also, how would you know if a filter isn't doing it's job with filtration, etc? (I will confess, I haven't did a search on this yet....forgive me :geek:)

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Somewhere on the net someone cut open a bunch of filters and gave a summary of the relative size of the media (square inches, number of pleats, etc), as well as the apparent construction quality.
Quite a few have, and included Bosch oil filters. Here's a Whitman's Sampler to get you started.

BTW, I can't believe I can't find one by Project Farm. I was sure he did one.

Registered
So are these any better than factory Honda filters?

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Which thread was that,
where we where talking about that I use the 'better than good enough' Walmart
Super Tech filters. made by Champion Labs?
If you're trying to get the most mileage out of a filter, then by all means use the expensive ones.
Or, for less than $3, you can change it with every oil change.

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts