Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2006 Honda Pilot
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
Merry Christmas 馃巹 to everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using Bosch oil filters for their Pilot. I was looking to try the Bosch 3323 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter.
I tried to do a search on the forum but did not find anything on oil filters.

Premium Oil Filter | Bosch Auto Parts

Thanks!

Registered
I've used them. I used Bosch filters on my two CR-Vs and the latter one was in great shape at 120,000 miles when I traded it. Somewhere on the net someone cut open a bunch of filters and gave a summary of the relative size of the media (square inches, number of pleats, etc), as well as the apparent construction quality. I recall Bosch was among the "good" ones as far as having a relatively large filter area. I have no complaints about that one in the Pilot, except that my local Autozone is usually out of them.

Registered
2006 Honda Pilot
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave! I'm going to give them a try.

Also, how would you know if a filter isn't doing it's job with filtration, etc? (I will confess, I haven't did a search on this yet....forgive me :geek:)

Registered
Somewhere on the net someone cut open a bunch of filters and gave a summary of the relative size of the media (square inches, number of pleats, etc), as well as the apparent construction quality.
Quite a few have, and included Bosch oil filters. Here's a Whitman's Sampler to get you started.

BTW, I can't believe I can't find one by Project Farm. I was sure he did one.

Registered
2007 EX-L
Search "Bob is the oil guy" if you're looking for information.

Registered
So are these any better than factory Honda filters?

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Which thread was that,
where we where talking about that I use the 'better than good enough' Walmart
Super Tech filters. made by Champion Labs?
If you're trying to get the most mileage out of a filter, then by all means use the expensive ones.
Or, for less than $3, you can change it with every oil change.

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts