Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my favorite part of this forum and it is not updated nearly enough, so I thought I'd help out.

I never planned on owning a Pilot, but I ran into some financial trouble and needed an extremely reliable 4WD priced under $10k. I picked this up in December 2018 with 118,000 miles for $7,995. A year and a half of owning one, and I can confidently say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
I can confidently say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Same here. (y)

Nothing on this earth lasts forever, but maintain your PIlot well and it will repay you in longevity and reliability.

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So unfortunately, some idiot merged into me at about 5mph while I was going about 15mph and then took off. I was concerned that it being a 2006 with 191,000 miles it was going to be totaled, but even with $3,500 in damage, it somehow was not.

10 days later after being in the body shop, she's looking even better than before, with a brand new bumper and a new headlight to boot.

Of course. it drives me nuts that the driver's side headlamp is clearly 14 years old whereas the other one is crystal clear. I'm sure I'll cave in and replace it eventually, so she can enter her 200s with vigor.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
So unfortunately, some idiot merged into me at about 5mph while I was going about 15mph and then took off. I was concerned that it being a 2006 with 191,000 miles it was going to be totaled, but even with $3,500 in damage, it somehow was not.

10 days later after being in the body shop, she's looking even better than before, with a brand new bumper and a new headlight to boot.

Of course. it drives me nuts that the driver's side headlamp is clearly 14 years old whereas the other one is crystal clear. I'm sure I'll cave in and replace it eventually, so she can enter her 200s with vigor
Pilot still looks sharp.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Happy for your outcome. What was your deductible?

some idiot merged into me at about 5mph while I was going about 15mph and then took off.
If you ever find him again, ask him to come do the same to my two rear wheel wells, where rust is starting to show up. :)

Of course. it drives me nuts that the driver's side headlamp is clearly 14 years old whereas the other one is crystal clear. I'm sure I'll cave in and replace it eventually, so she can enter her 200s with vigor.
I doubt I'd last a week. :)

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deductible was only $500. Still waiting on my insurance company to find the other driver's insurance company (if any). They'll reimburse me if the other driver was insured.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
That's taking quite a while. In the meantime, how are you holding out looking at those two headlights side by side? :p

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
At least they didn't send you a sampler box from this place...

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's taking quite a while. In the meantime, how are you holding out looking at those two headlights side by side? :p
To be honest, it's not as bad as I thought. I spent about 30 minutes buffing the 2006 headlight, and the difference is negligible. Also -- I'm due for a valve adjustment ($800) and at 194,000, it's almost time for the second timing belt/water pump change ($1,200), so the headlight can't be priority yet until about tax time 2022. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts