Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 2006 Pilot and her Dome/Map lights did not work. They didn’t come on when the door was opened nor when you operated the buttons. I bought new switches as this sounded like the most common issue. When I replaced them the passenger side worked fine, but the driver side didn’t. The passenger side, worked for all functions, but the Driver side none. I took the whole block out and found the middle prong that goes into the switch was corroded on the Driver side switch. I popped the little metal piece out of the block and it looked like it may have over heated. The plastic block appeared slightly melted. It was just the tip that fit into the switch that was corroded. I cleaned it on sone fine Emory cloth down to bare metal. Reassembled it and nothing. I took the block out and used a multimeter to be sure I was getting voltage from the wires, though the passenger side worked fine. I then took the meter and traced the circuits on the plastic block and they all seemed correct. I switched the switches and the bulbs from the passenger side to the driver side and it still was the same. The driver side still doesn’t work and the passenger side still does. What could cause that? I feel like I’ve Done everything. I must be missing something. Help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts